A stranger made my day

Originally Posted by Bobaloo22
Bravo! She's telling everyone her story and will remember it forever.

True in all likelihood ^^^^^^^^^

Good stuff Adam …
Been tipping at drive throughs I never tipped at before … and now slowly going inside I'm tipping way over …
Was blessed to work at home and keep my job … Figure so many spend it on the kids …

Without ever meeting you Adam I always felt you were a good guy. You just proved i was right.
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted by bbhero
Originally Posted by Astro14
You're a good man, Adam.

Very true... I'm proud to know you my friend.

Thank You Bradley
smile.gif
. I'm glad you're here also

Originally Posted by 4WD
Good stuff Adam …
Been tipping at drive throughs I never tipped at before … and now slowly going inside I'm tipping way over …
Was blessed to work at home and keep my job … Figure so many spend it on the kids …

Yeah, I figured she could be single mom or just unemployed or whatever. I'm glad she was happy after I helped her.

Originally Posted by 53' Stude

Yeah, I figured she could be single mom or just unemployed or whatever. I'm glad she was happy after I helped her.

It is good to show hospitality and help strangers, many have been entertained by those unaware.

Love hearing things like this, it's exactly how society should run. It would be so much easier if we all just looked out for each other, in whatever capacity we can (monetary or otherwise).

Your story reminded me of something that happened to me a few weeks back. I ran to lunch and completely forgot my wallet in my toolbox (my flashlight plays tricks on my pocket), so by the time I got to the drive-thru window and realized what I had done it was too late. The fantastic young person working just handed me my food and said "Have a nice day, it's on me" for absolutely no reason. Before I could think, I asked what time they got off and made SURE to get back there with a crisp $20 bill to compensate them for their generosity and show my gratitude. I work hard for a living and make plenty of money, there's no way I would allow a minimum-wage fast food worker to take on that responsibility, as heart warming as it was at the time.

I also remember, last year after SEMA we were gifted 5 large bottles of Crown Royal by the host of a party. We were leaving the next morning and had no way to transport them, so we scouted groups of people we could hand them out to. The looks on people's faces when you give them something free in Vegas is a sight to behold! We felt like Santa Clause that day!

What kind of car did she have?

With my luck, she would have walked outside to a Rolls-Royce Phantom or something... haha

Originally Posted by CELICA_XX
What kind of car did she have?

With my luck, she would have walked outside to a Rolls-Royce Phantom or something... haha

She had a Cobalt 4dr that didn't look too bad.

Good Afternoon folks
smile.gif

I was at my Rural King grabbing a few things after work. I was waiting to check out and a nice, pretty young lady ahead of me wasn't able to pay for a few items she had. She was about to take them back; I asked the cashier to put them on my bill. The young lady was to say the least very moved emotionally. I explained that I was told by my grandfather that even in crazy times, if I can help anyone that's worse off than me; I should do it.

She was glad and couldn't stop talking to me as I helped her put her things in her car. I'm glad I was able to help her. I don't know her situation and didn't ask questions. It made me think and realize that there is hope for lots of people
smile.gif
People like you are what gives everyone hope. Many people out there are willing to give out help, if put in the right situation. Hopefully they do not get taken advantage of by people who are out to screw people. At least they can live knowing that they made a positive difference in the world.

I know you’re a good dude, but for anyone else Id wonder: what if she wasn’t young and pretty? That’s the cynic in me.

I know you’re a good dude, but for anyone else Id wonder: what if she wasn’t young and pretty? That’s the cynic in me.
I'd be just as quick to do it for an old lady or man. When you get to 37 and your only 2 remaining grandparents are in a home with dementia, and you fear your parents as they age, you feel for any older person you see struggling in any way.

I'd be just as quick to do it for an old lady or man. When you get to 37 and your only 2 remaining grandparents are in a home with dementia, and you fear your parents as they age, you feel for any older person you see struggling in any way.

I agree. I almost always offer to buy someone a meal or something to drink if they ask for cash. Most haven‘t taken me up on that.

One guy did a couple of winters ago. While he was eating his Chinese food I walked over to the nearby Burlington Coat Factory and got him some wool socks. I also gave him my favorite beanie off my head and the scarf I was wearing. I asked if he needed a new sleeping bag, but he declined. He walked away warm, well fed and with some leftovers. Seriously, this man was not shy about ordering a BIG meal. I laughed.

Back