A question for Johnny

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm leaving in a few minutes and going to Cracker Barrell for their Friday Cod special. It's great.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: tropic
Mmmmm... bluegill. I really don't like fish much, but sunfish and walleye are pretty good. Not for dogs, though--I find it's easier to keep their teeth healthy if they're only fed hard food.

The seafood is for the cat...unless it's in the Hearty Loaf.

I started feeding the can food to the dog a couple of years ago when she got "some sort of virus" (my vet's words) and lost about 10 pounds. It just became habit after that.

My cat has actually lost 7 pounds since going to kibble in the AM and a small can of food at night. I had just fed him a big helping of dry food in the morn that he would munch on throughout the day. He needed to lose the weight. He had gotten up to 23 lbs.
blush.gif

Channel cat fillets dipped in buttermilk then rolled in corn meal, then deep fried are great. Take those same fillets, sprinkle generously with a home brew mixture of lemon juice, fine ground black pepper, minced garlic, and melted butter. Grill over hickory chips. FANTASTIC

Serve either with hush puppies, cole slaw that uses extra dry wine rather than vinegar, taters and sweet onions fried together, peel left on taters, and you brand of cold beer served in a thick glass mug that has been in the freezer for hours.

I am gonna take my two grandsons cat fishing after Mass this evening. No good reason not to.

MMM Cracker Barrel. It has been along time since I have ate at one. This little region doesn't have one.

I also miss Good fried catfish. MMM Almost lunch.

Originally Posted By: tig1
Molakula,
Agree with everything you said, But after my QS experience I switched over to Valvoline and my sludge problems were reduced by 90%.

In regard to the worm thing,what about red wigglers? Blue Gill love em.
Check out this thread at the very bottom. I just posted about an engine that ran exclusively QS product from day 1 and you can see how clean it is... (Not saying I don't believe you, just have real world proof to share is all)

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1509031#Post1509031

Quote:
Channel cat fillets dipped in buttermilk then rolled in corn meal, then deep fried are great. Take those same fillets, sprinkle generously with a home brew mixture of lemon juice, fine ground black pepper, minced garlic, and melted butter. Grill over hickory chips. FANTASTIC

Serve either with hush puppies, cole slaw that uses extra dry wine rather than vinegar, taters and sweet onions fried together, peel left on taters, and you brand of cold beer served in a thick glass mug that has been in the freezer for hours.

My mother makes this everytime we go to Kentucky, except for the Beer. You can't beat CF rolled in buttermilk and cornmeal.
happy2.gif

BTW, last year she and dad caught a 28lb. channel cat in a private lake. Their pictures were in the local papers.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: BrianWC
Originally Posted By: Bryanccfshr
Originally Posted By: greenaccord02
I never have used a drop of quaker state, but my little fox terrier eats Pinnacle Trout and Sweet Potato by Breeder's Choice. Hopefully it's not too bad.

I use Avoderm kibble and feed my dogs fresh meat every day. (a pork chop or a chicken breast usually.(they are small dogs so one pork chop feeds both). My female is 14 and healthy and my 2 year old male is very active and ahppy.

Purina Beneful kibble and Ol' Roy Hearty variety pack can food for the 4 yr old Pit/GS mix

Purina Good life and Meow Mix Market Select Seafood Variety Pack "cans" for the 15 yr old Siamese.

LOL.gif

I'm sorry, but the vet bills are enough.
whistle.gif

You have a 15 year old Siamese? Very cool
thumbsup2.gif
I have a pure-bred Siamese who's 16. I love that cat
grin2.gif

I do alot of searching and reading up on the UOA`s here and Pennzoil yb always blows away every other oil in wear metals. That`s the thing that got me to try it for the first time. My car runs soooooooooo smooth on that stuff! I`d been alternating my oci`s with that and Valvoline wb.

I thought I'd chime in here too. I very much enjoy reading Johnny post's also. Seems like a stand up guy, proudly retired, and happy.

Speaking of fish, my bro-in-law makes often trips down south to Theriot, LA to a favorite fishing hole named Lake DeCade.
The speckled trout have been on fire and the fish fry we had for Father's Day was GREAT!

I would just like to chime in here and say:

JOHNNY IS THE MAN

We chat offline quite a bit, and if there is one guy through thick and thin who has been a "stand up guy", Johnny is the that guy. He has real integrity.

I'm leaving in a few minutes and going to Cracker Barrell for their Friday Cod special. It's great.

Yum! That sounds good!
20.gif

My family has used SOPUS products for years with no issues at all. My dad has run QS since I was a tot, and all of our engines got at least 150k+. The only one that did not was my Wagon (it got to 148k), but rust killed it first, and the engine was still running great. Others in the family have run either QS or YB for years. Heck, my Balt ran QS until about 50k. And now it's going from M1 to PP. I guess you never really get away, I guess.
grin2.gif

And I agree- Johnny is the man!
11.gif

Johnny is a great guy.

He seems to attract a lot of attention however, and most of it seems unwanted. And no, he doesn't market Pennzoil or QS products and is no less objective than any one else here and is a real asset to this site...

Well I have to add my $0.002. Frankly I have never thaught that Johnny's opinion was tainted by his loyalty to former employer. I read all his posts, concise precise and honest.
Doug Hillary, your input on Diesel and thicker oils also constitutes my favourite reading.
Ok now that I buttered you guys up I'll log out
But before then I'll say godnight to my oil stash.

I definitely have my fave posters/members here........Johnny,StevieC,unDummy,BuickGN,Doug Hillary,ThirdEye just to name a few. They seem like supercoooooooooool dudes and they always have great posts on this site! Every time I see a post by them I always read every word.

There`s just a ton of good info here and really good folks!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I definitely have my fave posters/members here........Johnny,StevieC,unDummy,BuickGN,Doug Hillary,ThirdEye just to name a few. They seem like supercoooooooooool dudes and they always have great posts on this site! Every time I see a post by them I always read every word.

cheers3.gif
I saw a nice 3000GT tonight, thought of you! Too bad it had some kind of problem where every time it would take off from a red light it would shoot out some smoke from the exhaust. Still looked awesome!
thumbsup2.gif

Ahh Ok I'll join in on the respect to Johnny thread too.
25.gif
In a pm to Johnny I was asking about HM oils, more specificly QS HM blend. He answered my questions, more less said it would be a fine oil to use, along with Mobil HM. Which kinda caught me off gaurd, but at that point I could tell he was an honest, standup kinda guy
thumbsup2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm

Thanks Dude!
thumbsup2.gif

Molakula,
Agree with everything you said, But after my QS experience I switched over to Valvoline and my sludge problems were reduced by 90%.

But did the oils from all makers change about that time? If so, that changes everything. There have been eleven different formulation specifications called API Service Categories over the years, SM being the current one, of course. Here's the listing and dates on page 2:
http://www.api.org/certifications/engineoil/categories/upload/English_Oil_Guide.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back