A Couple of Nice Torque Wrenches

I recently bought a Norbar NorTorque-60 wrench at Amazon Global Store for $108 (plus $6.50 import fees). This wrench covers the range of 12-60 N-m (10-45 lb-ft). The NorTorque tools are a little cheaper than the Norbar Pro line.

DSC00237 copy.JPG
DSC00238 copy.JPG
DSC00239 copy.JPG
DSC00240 copy.JPG
DSC00242 copy.JPG

Accuracy of the NorTorque is very similar to the PRO version that Trav bought.
For my wrench:
Maximum observed error at low setting of 12.0 N-m is -0.25%
Maximum observed error at mid setting of 35.0 N-m is -1.7%
Maximum observed error at high setting of 60.0 N-m is +1.1%

For Trav's wrench:
Maximum observed error at low setting of 10.0 N-m is +0.70%
Maximum observed error at mid setting of 30.0 N-m is -1.8%
Maximum observed error at high setting of 50.0 N-m is -1.0%

The PRO version is designed to maintain calibration over a higher number of use cycles than the NorTorque. Setting N-m values on the NorTorque is easy and accurate, with resolution of 0.5 N-m. Setting lb-ft values accurately will require a little more patience and concentration and excellent eyesight. For my DIY use, I will be using the N-m values. If you prefer to work with ft-lb, and/or use a torque wrench 5-6 days per week, get the PRO version.

Buyer beware with Snap-On owned companies. Many CDI Torque Products, and Williams brand tools are now being made in China or Chinese parts.
There are still NOS USA and China made stuff commingling out there in the market. If the seller says they are USA, I will verify or return them if they ship to me China junk.
So far I haven't seen Snap-On ruin the Sturtevant Richmont brand torque products YET.
I now prefur to buy Sturtevant Richmont or Proto torque wrenches for my company. I won't buy Chinese tools for the aerospace company I work for.

A few weeks ago I bought a 2nd Norbar torque wrench: a 4-20NM 3/8" drive. I paid a grand total of $106 at the Amazon Global Store-UK.
All 15 test values on the calibration certificate are within 1.0% of the target value. The handle does not look very comfortable, but it feels comfortable. The overall length is a little under 9". The adjustment knob is a bit stiff. The torque signal is a "handle release" instead of a "click" and is very noticeable even at the lowest setting. There is also a 1/4" drive version of this wrench, that covers 1-20Nm.

DSC01248.JPG

DSC01250.JPG

DSC01251.JPG

Back