93 geo metro xfi oci QSUD 0w20

Status
Not open for further replies.

JR

Michigan born but my heart belongs in dixie
Bought the car 4-20 with 60k actual single ower miles. I am unsure the oil used, except it was change at or before 3k. I used some 5w20 nextgen maxlife first oci of 3,700miles. I have 1k on four quarts of qsud 0w-20 and a fl-400s, i was planning a sample at 7.5k, i was wonderin if anyone has used this oil yet.

Thanks
Ken

Suzuki G10 on 0W20?
eek.gif

IIRC, I ran my G13 on 10W30...usually Superflo unless something else was cheaper.

I think the little 'zook can tolerate the 20 weights.
21.gif
No guarantees.

Pretty low miles. Is that a five digit or six digit odometer?

Last edited:
I had a '96 Pontiac Firefly (Suzuki), two actually. On one I used 0w30 and it started to get some leaks. The engine was smoking at about 250K Kms. As a pizza delivery driver, I basically thrashed it. The fuel pump went and then I said that's enough. A mechanic bought it and ended up fixing it up! Tough little cars, excellent mileage, quite reliable. Though If one could afford it I think it might be better to go with an Echo if you've got an extra grand or two kicking around...

There was a TSB issued that said to use only 5w30 in the g10's

I recently sold the last of my geo metros. If you are in need
of a perfect and clean EGR valve (with new gasket) and ICS (idle control solinoid) I will send them to you free. That is the last of my parts stash.
Just PM me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back