48 hours into no refined sugar products

Did you ever get that big Mercedes running?
Yes, both of them a 2011 S550 White and a 2012 S550 Blue.

The 2011 S550 came out much nicer than I ever imagined. I was ready to part it out shortly after it arrived from auction. Put the white one up for sale, sold quickly with a lot of other potential buyers. I likely lost 1-2k on the white one. If I kept the white one, the money would not of been an issue. I try and do things right, where flippers typically try to get things working and then sell.

The 2012 is a garage queen. I retire from my current career in less than three years and the blue S550 will be my Saturday morning coffee run car. My daily driver(s) are typically nice, older cars that are tired.

PXL_20211025_131123440.jpg
PXL_20211025_131054185.jpg
PXL_20211203_202015037.jpg
PXL_20211203_202100199.jpg

Being a big soda drinker, I did the same about a year ago.

I made two big changes: cut out refined sugar essentially completely, and limited processed foods as much as possible. If it's manmade, comes out of a box, can, or bag, I don't buy it. I don't even walk through the deli or frozen sections. The shopping cart gets filled with meat, produce, dairy eggs, etc. I still probably drink too much beer, maybe eat out a little more than a should. However, those two changes alone dropped my weight from 216 to 182 in one year. And, because I wasn't making myself miserable with unrealistic restrictions or calorie/carb counting, it was really easy.

A few big results as others have mentioned: I lost weight, obviously. Also, I lost the taste for the sugar and the processed foods. Don't really miss them, making it even easier to continue. No more fatigue, sleep better, and all around feel healthier. Also, I naturally eat less now and my meal portions have decreased on their own. I can't stuff my face like I used to.

Interesting to me how the body responds so positively in many ways to healthy changes.

Last edited:
PERSONAL: I remember when Mountain Dew was introduced! It was immeasurably sweet, colored to resemble anti-freeze and pregnant women were advised not to drink it. What could be wrong with that?
I remember the jingle from the early TV ads when I was a little guy.

Always found it too sweet.

My wife calls it "diabetic urine".

This is the quick and easy I usually do for the week-end breakfast, basically 'enhance' a microwave meal with fresh vegetables. When cutting up the vegetables for the afternoon/evening there is some excess that I bag up and add to a sausage and gravy bowl microwave dish. I usually get these from Aldi's but this happens to be from substitutes I found at Walmart, Great Value brand and Jimmie Dean's, same plastic bowl, so it works good to add in the extra's including chopped walnuts and peanuts, embellished tonight's for 'fast food' and I cut up a lot of vegetables this week-end so this was the remainder. The other thing not pictured is Muscle Milk, vanilla, add about 4 ounces for flavor enhancement, works good for coffee too. Not perfect, but close enough, the Muscle Milk probably being the carbs/sugar that spoil me...

First cooking get more heat, second part is adding the vegetables and slower heat, as I want the vegetables to be half cooked but not washed out, if I can say that in terms of microwave cooking. For example, though it can vary, I like to microwave on low setting for a longer duration, first adding the Muscle Milk, microwave ~4 minutes at the 3 setting, then add the vegetables and re-box - using the box as an extra layer to retain heat, then 2 duration's of 90 minutes at 2 setting. Then I let the meal sit for another 3 to 10 minutes.
20220131_172624.jpg

I want too. I have cut back on sodas I was drinking 3-4 32 ounce sodas a day but something in my mind told me to stop so now I’ve pretty much cut back to one on work days and 2 on regular days. I know still not completely gone but better. As long as I can have sugar in my coffee I’ll be ok because it’s no good without sugar lol. Now I gotta stop buying Butterfinger and PayDay bars. And I’m young I don’t want to destroy myself now.
Yea dude your teeth will thank you. Soda will destroy your teeth. Drink more water too, when I was younger I drank soda like you do and in 2006 I got my first of many kidney stone. Its no fun passing a 7mm stone thats as sharp as glass. I was out for the count for 4 days. The pain from that was worse than all the pain combined from my accident where I lost my arm. I now drink lots of water and avoid sugar, and salt.

Yea dude your teeth will thank you. Soda will destroy your teeth. Drink more water too, when I was younger I drank soda like you do and in 2006 I got my first of many kidney stone. Its no fun passing a 7mm stone thats as sharp as glass. I was out for the count for 4 days. The pain from that was worse than all the pain combined from my accident where I lost my arm. I now drink lots of water and avoid sugar, and salt.
A common misconception is that your body can produce kidney stones because of diet. That is not necessarily true. It can be your para thyroid glands being out of whack. Ask me how I know.....

First I worked on eliminating foods with added sugar. Now I am trying to get to less than 30 grams of sugar a day. The A1C tells the story.

Take a banana, many people including myself eat one for potassium. But it contains 15 grams of sugar. It's got a somewhat low glycemic index so it will not dump a a lot of sugar into your blood stream quickly.

A common misconception is that your body can produce kidney stones because of diet. That is not necessarily true. It can be your para thyroid glands being out of whack. Ask me how I know.....
Mine are calcium oxalate and my urologist would disagree with you.Its diet, heredity, and not drinking enough water. I've had about 12 ranging in size from 7mm to 1mm but they feel like 100 meter coming out

First I worked on eliminating foods with added sugar. Now I am trying to get to less than 30 grams of sugar a day. The A1C tells the story.

Take a banana, many people including myself eat one for potassium. But it contains 15 grams of sugar. It's got a somewhat low glycemic index so it will not dump a a lot of sugar into your blood stream quickly.
But the fact that it’s natural sugar and not a candy bar is better, right?

I like the raisin, dates, and walnut oatmeal. On sale 20 packs at $4.
But each packet has 11 grams of sugar...crazy...
When you put it in a bowl you see the sugar separates so I just run it through a small stainless strainer over the garbage can and it tastes great and only takes an extra 10 seconds to dump the sugar.
Oats are very high carb.

But the fact that it’s natural sugar and not a candy bar is better, right?
Well there is calories and glycemic index. The glycemic index is how fast the sugar is processed by your body. A berry like a raspberry is pretty low (good) and something like a can of coke is high (bad).

So better to eat 100 calories with a low glycemic index vs 100 calories with a high glycemic index.

Your body breaks it all down the to the same basic elements. Carbs are sugar concentrated.

-everything you read says your brain runs on GLUCOSE…DOES IT?

-it can run on KETONES = fats

-hibernators run their brains on ketones=fats

Why does this matter?

1 unit of GLUCOSE = 2 units of ATP

1 unit of FAT/KETONE = up to 100 units of ATP

logic would imply you burn50xbrighter under ketones

logic would imply ketones would help any brain issue with a lack of energy (dementia Parkinson's etc)

logic would imply that we would LIGHT UP in our brain activity

sideways question…how much of our brain do we use again? Why?

Anons…this data is OBSCURE and HIDDEN…having to find it sideways which means OVER THE TARGET…

The other thing they REALLY try to hide is…

YOUR LIGHT REACTION

you both give off and can translate light to energy

ATP is the ubiquitous universal FUEL

ATP is Adenosine triphosphate

PHOSPHATE has a unique property when oxidized…IT GLOWSref below…

You have to EAT UNSATURATED FATS to GLOW = Omega 3/6

WE ARE 100% LIGHT BEINGS

EVERY MITOCHONDRIA Chemiluminescences

Lets see if we break the board this am as this is one of THEIR most closely guarded secrets…

"Photooxidation provides an important way to produce hydroperoxides from unsaturated fatty acids and esters in the presence of oxygen, light energy, and a photosensitizer. The oxidation of unsaturated fats is accelerated by exposure to light. "

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics...photooxidation

I am again attempting to strike a balance.I will again try eating peanuts at lunch break. Something better than spending $7-$10 on lunch, can try replacing soda with water too.... I operate machinery so, a nice sugary soda has helped me stay alert a few times. I can't be lightheaded or faint from lack of food.

Today was the first day back the New Year and I am trying to strike my balance, we are off to a pretty good start.
I found out that being light headed is when you eat carbs the insulin kicks up and when the carbs levels drop you become dizzy/ light headed. I call that carb withdrawals . I try to eat the lowest carbs possible ,no refined sugars , no potatoes, zero to minimal grains and fruit Oatmeal is like sugar, bla bla, what I find with a low carb diet is when I am hungry I do not get dizzy or light headed.

Back