300 miles into MMO treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.
As rpm's go up so does the rate of the injectors adding the fuel to the combustion process. Therefore it is directly proportional to engine RPM as would it be with a lifter causing the noise. I'm not saying it is an injector though. I haven't heard of any injectors that have gotten louder or softer during operation but I'm not saying its impossible. How's that for vague?
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Schmoe:
I've got the 3.3 V6 in a '90 Cutlass with about 190K on it.

Just replaced the rear ex. manifold on grandma's 170k Ciera 3.3. Cracked all around. All of the junkyard ones were cracked as well, worse as the mileage went up. Ended up dropping a $200 on a new one.
frown.gif
All in all though, it's a bullet-proof motor.

Right Vader, in regard to the 3.3 engine, I've been told, "It's bulletproof, if its maintained." My car's fun to drive...just hate that noise. I'll do what I can, and if it don't work, oh well. When I get a new car I can pamper it any way I want. Its sad, but I've thought about buying a Civic. Economy cant be wrong!

quote:

Originally posted by miked00:
Its sad, but I've thought about buying a Civic. Economy cant be wrong!

Keep the Ciera, drop a blown 3800 in from an SSEi, and get a Festiva for a daily driver. Another bulletproof motor and gets 36/41 for less than $1000.
grin.gif

Heh, Vader...I just don't like Fords. Not that I want to start a huge Ford blasting argument, I just dont like them. And I know the Festiva is really small, even though all I need is a drivers seat, I give half a **** for my other passengers
smile.gif
A Civic is stylish, won't fall apart ever, and seats 4, maybe 5.

quote:

Originally posted by VaderSS:

quote:

Originally posted by Schmoe:
I've got the 3.3 V6 in a '90 Cutlass with about 190K on it.

Just replaced the rear ex. manifold on grandma's 170k Ciera 3.3. Cracked all around. All of the junkyard ones were cracked as well, worse as the mileage went up. Ended up dropping a $200 on a new one.
frown.gif
All in all though, it's a bullet-proof motor.

Hmmmmm, dude.....your going to make me crawl under the car this weekend just to look!
grin.gif

Think mines OK. Been all over that motor recently and couldn't tell anything was amiss, except for the fuel injector ticking. It's funny, motor and trans are fine, just the rest of the car is falling apart. Wonder if I could drop that motor in my boat to swap it out with that 4 banger I got in it now....
On the Honda, do some research. Honda's bullet proof reputation is slowly being nibbled away with their transmission problems. Don't know if it affects the Civic line, but I'd surely do some internet research prior to purchasing.

quote:

Originally posted by miked00:
Heh, Vader...I just don't like Fords. Not that I want to start a huge Ford blasting argument, I just dont like them. And I know the Festiva is really small, even though all I need is a drivers seat, I give half a **** for my other passengers
smile.gif
A Civic is stylish, won't fall apart ever, and seats 4, maybe 5.

It was meant to be taken as "tongue in cheek."
smile.gif

Actually, the Festiva is a Mazda 121, built in Korea, to a very high standard(oddly enough), by Kia. The only thing "Ford" about it, are the name plates... It is also a very comfortable car, and as a 6', 260 lb man, whose other car is a '96 Impala SS, who uses the Festiva for 600 mile, work-related, round trips to places I'd rather not park the Impala, as well as daily commute, you can rest assured I know what I'm talking about. The passenger seat is the same as the driver seat... Now, I have several friends who are, ummm, "status concious" who feel very embarrased to be seen in it, but even they agree that it is comfortable. Personally, I could give a good g****** about "status." I laugh all the way to the bank.

quote:

Hmmmmm, dude.....your going to make me crawl under the car this weekend just to look!
Think mines OK.

I thought it was a blown gasket, until I got the heat shield off. I lived with it until it got really loud, and would do so again. The replacement job is one of the most agravating I've had the pleasure of performing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back