3.5 quarts Schaeffer blend 10w30 + ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys I need some help making up my mind on what to do. I will be changing my oil in the next week or so and need some good opinions. I have a '98 Monte Carlo with the "beloved" 3.1V6 in which I have been using Schaeffer's 10w30 blend for quite some time now. Problem is I only have 3.5 quarts of the Schaeffer's and I don't want to travel to buy any until the GF-4 comes out later on. As most of you know this is a 4.5 quart capacity engine. What quart of oil would be the best to add to the Schaeffer's (remember winter's almost here) until I can get more Schaeffer's?? Thanks.

Gust go out and buy any GF-4 oil like Mobil Drive Clean, Castrol GTX-etc. You could go with a 5W or 10W in Kentucky.

I'd probably just hang on to the Schaeffers until a latter oci and mix it with the newer Schaeffers when you buy more.

For now, I'd probably make it through the Winter by running another good 5W-30 dino or blend that you can pickup locally.

"I'd probably just hang on to the Schaeffers until a latter oci and mix it with the newer Schaeffers when you buy more."
Depending on your interval?? I'd agree. My guess would be you can safely stretch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back