23,300 miles and cords are showing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: CapriRacer
Originally Posted By: ProStreetCamaro
The generals were possessed! Worst tire squirm I have ever felt. Down right dangerous! They wanted to dart around really bad. They felt like they had no sidewall at all. Very strange feeling. So they are GONE and now have new Michelin LTX M/S and they are 1000X better feeling.

2 different tires and problems with both. I'm wondering if there is something peculiar about the way the tires are used that are making them prone to problems.

The OEM tires were fine. They just wore out super fast and had terrible wet traction. The Michelins feel perfectly fine. The alignment was checked at the tire shop and they said it was right on factory spec so nothing wrong there. We tow a 6X12 landscape trailer with 2 commercial zero turn mower, 2 trimmers and a backpack blower 5 days a week. Might be 3000# which is nothing for this truck.

Last edited:
.....The OEM tires were fine. They just wore out super fast and had terrible wet traction. ....

Ah...., I sense a contradiction there. Either they were fine or they had wear and/or traction issues.

.....The OEM tires were fine. They just wore out super fast and had terrible wet traction. ....

Ah...., I sense a contradiction there. Either they were fine or they had wear and/or traction issues.

If they were the OEM Bridgestone V-Steel highway tires, then I can see why they had terrible wet traction. With the closed shoulder design, traction will suffer.

r265.jpg

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04

If they were the OEM Bridgestone V-Steel highway tires, then I can see why they had terrible wet traction. With the closed shoulder design, traction will suffer.

r265.jpg

That is exactly what they were.

The truck tracked great with them but they wore out super fast and had zero wet traction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back