Been pretty happy with my new Michelin Cross Climate 2's.

Time will tell I suppose but I am thoroughly impressed with the rain performance so far. We have had a few days of pretty heavy rainfall around here, which is unusual. This tire has been very sure footed on even extremely wet roads. It took me a couple days to get used to the feeling of these tires on dry pavement versus what came off, Bridgestone's. Have come to find out that these tires are designed to have a radius across their face versus the usual flat surface. Feel's a bit strange to drive, not bad but different. Will see how much my fuel mileage drops off as this is a consistent complaint. It will also be interesting to see how they perform in the ice and snow next winter. So far pretty happy. BTW, these tires are pricey. Last set of pricey tires I bought were Goodyear triple treads about a decade ago. Worst tires I ever had. No more Goodyears for me.

Last edited:
Time will tell I suppose but I am thoroughly impressed with the rain performance so far. We have had a few days of pretty heavy rainfall around here, which is unusual. This tire has been very sure footed on even extremely wet roads. It took me a couple days to get used to the feeling of these tires on dry pavement versus what came off, Bridgestone's. Have come to find out that these tires are designed to have a radius across their face versus the usual flat surface. Feel's a bit strange to drive, not bad but different. Will see how much my fuel mileage drops off as this is a consistent complaint. It will also be interesting to see how they perform in the ice and snow next winter. So far pretty happy. BTW, these tires are pricey. Last set of pricey tires I bought were Goodyear triple treads about a decade ago. Worst tires I ever had. No more Goodyears for me.
How were they on dry pavement???

how could a tire have a tread radius wouldn't it wear flat fast??
Supposedly folks are getting the full 60,000+ miles of treadware. Round contact patch versus square contact patch is the nomenclature. I don't know the science behind that choice. Here's a video that mentions it.

Supposedly folks are getting the full 60,000+ miles of treadware. Round contact patch versus square contact patch is the nomenclature. I don't know the science behind that choice. Here's a video that mentions it.

They're still "all" tire. Apparently, there is a substantial drop in snow performance once they go to 6-7/32. I would put them as best tire if compromise is sought after.

They're still "all" tire. Apparently, there is a substantial drop in snow performance once they go to 6-7/32. I would put them as best tire if compromise is sought after.
My winter studded Altimax Arctic snow tire takeoffs are worn out. I'm retired and am not required to drive in snow on my daily commute anymore. So these are definitely a compromise.

I'd consider CC2's for the 24 outback. The oem tires are yokohama avid GT.... mushy round and black with good fuel economy... supposedly terrible in winter.. and below average in the wet.

I dont mind bad winter traction on the oem tires because I have winter set from the 22 forester that is only off by 1 size (215/65r17 vs OEM 225/60r18)
but I wont put up with hydroplaning or bad wet traction. I have average driving style.. not very spirited.

So I'll likely replace the oem tires next year.. but people who know me well told me I'd replace the tires this year. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Not sure what i'd get if not the CC2 maybe the dws06+ at the sporty end.. since they are uhp but on the mushy side for those or firm side of touring tire.

I'll be looking for a high traction tire all season with a not overly firm ride. I had some michelin premier on my 2015 forester and really liked the traction with decent handling but not UHP tire punishing on our 3rd world winter ravaged pothole infested roads.

Last edited:
I'd consider CC2's for the 24 outback. The oem tires are yokohama avid GT.... mushy round and black with good fuel economy... supposedly terrible in winter.. and below average in the wet.

I dont mind bad winter traction on the oem tires because I have winter set from the 22 forester that is only off by 1 size (215/65r17 vs OEM 225/60r18)
but I wont put up with hydroplaning or bad wet traction. I have average driving style.. not very spirited.

So I'll likely replace the oem tires next year.. but people who know me well told me I'd replace the tires this year. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Not sure what i'd get if not the CC2 maybe the dws06+ at the sporty end.. since they are uhp but on the mushy side for those or firm side of touring tire.

I'll be looking for a high traction tire all season with a not overly firm ride. I had some michelin premier on my 2015 forester and really liked the traction with decent handling but not UHP tire punishing on our 3rd world winter ravaged pothole infested roads.

A UHP tire doesn't seem to be a good fit if you are not a spirited driver and have bad roads. You'll take a NVH penalty without realizing the benefits of the increased performance. Treadwear and rolling resistance is worse too, if that matters.

Normally I'd say the CC2 is the one tire to rule them all, but maybe not if you already have winter tires. Could find a cheaper tire instead. Eg I already have winter tires and opted for Pirelli Cinturato P7 AS+2 that were 40% cheaper than CC2s without compromising on refinement and wet traction

We sold the OEM Yokohama's on our '23 after 300 miles. They were awful in wet weather. Someone paid $300 for the set. We replaced them with 365AW, but the CC2 is a little better overall.

If you don’t see dirt, go Michelin Pilot AS4 or DWS06+. Forget CC2.

I found a shortcoming in them yesterday. We were heading to a party and it was pouring rain. Driving the Cadillac with the CC2’s. Was on a 35mph residential street and there was a blind stop sign on a curve. I didn’t see it until the last second. I slammed the brakes and they slid way more than I expected them to. They have great wet traction when you’re driving and normal breaking, but panic stop, they were pretty sketchy! We still have around 9/32” all the way around.

We sold the OEM Yokohama's on our '23 after 300 miles. They were awful in wet weather. Someone paid $300 for the set. We replaced them with 365AW, but the CC2 is a little better overall.
Which yokohamas? do you mean 23 outback or 23 subaru?
AFAIK there are about 5 oem models subaru uses as well as their geolandar g015 on wilderness models.

I got rid of the geolandar g95a and geolandar g91f tires first year. These dont seem quite that bad. I heard they dont last long anyway.
If someone wanted the set with 1k on them for $300 I'd sell them :ROFLMAO: But doubt facebook market would bring more than $200

ps. maybe fill in your member profile with your vehicles.

I have the YOKOHAMA AVID S34P on my '19 Impreza Sport and on wet roads, they absolutely suck. They slide a LOT. I didn't even think about selling them and I couldn't justify replacing them just to get the PS AS4. They are now almost 5 years old with 22kish miles and I still can't justify replacing them with all the tread left. I asked the dealer to replace them with the AS4 before I bought the car and they wanted over 1k for them and told them to take the OEM ones off, sell them and charge me the difference. They didn't bite.

Worst case scenario is I drive my '18 Legacy Sport or the wife's '14 CRV, both with CC2s.

I have these on both my 2019 Sorento and my 2013 RDX and I really like them. Good in wet. Good in light snow. Just wondering how much mileage I will get out of them. Currently at 28,000 on one car and just a few thousand on the other.

Back