20k Supertech filter now at walmart

20210323_091134.jpg
20210323_091142.jpg
20210323_091156.jpg
20210323_091253.jpg
20210323_091310.jpg

So now I see the 'blue-ish' adbv on the MP10575 spin on. Price "$5.48"? Beyond that see ecore, can't see bypass but 'assume' it's dome poppet. Can't tell much else about it. Will these replace the current ~$3 ST value line? ST cartridge looks like a cartridge.

As for K&N, still looks to be Champ Labs made. SO 1010, ecore likely metal endcaps and silicone adbv. 1002 Champ Labs classic construction.

Last edited:
I looked at the MP12060 when I was there. It was ecore with the blue adbv and a yellow poppet, similar to the pf64 aside from the adbv. No idea on end caps but I'd bet they are steel.

Those K&N look like the old champ made M1 filters... funny how the suppliers go mary-go-'round with the brands....all about the dollar...

I'm fine with the ST9688 at $2.98.

Interesting, so 99% at 30 mics? So that would roughly be 95% at 20 mics?

Looks like we finally hounded K&N enough to get them to put something on their box, good on them.

Definitely taking a spot above Wix XP/Napa Platinums for long OCI's in my book now, but they'll have to do better if they want to overtake Fram Ultra's for 99% at 20 mics for 20,000mi intervals for the exact same price. K&N needs to at least sell a comparison on increased flow to show why it would be better to have marginally less efficiency.

I don't think this new line will move on the K&N brand name alone, when comparing the other sides of the boxes reveals a fuller story.

Wemay--thanks for the C&P. Is that blue o-ring in the first 3 pics, what is blue and just underneath the baseplate in the last pic? It doesn't look as thick as typical ADBVs, which is why I'm asking.
@paulri - You're welcome

Yes, the first two pics of the MP10358 show the filter housing o-ring which is blue. The MP10575 SuperTech model is a combo-valve filter. That blue element is the adbv....

(image below as an example only)

1616514069354.png

Last edited:
The MP10575 SuperTech model is a combo-valve filter. ......

Really. So no bypass in the dome in the pictured MP10575, and as found in ACDelco for GM vehicles and several of the current ST including but not limited to 9688? Even 'if' it's silicone, a step backward 'imo.' Surprised to read the blue seen is a combo valve

As for "....99% at 30 mics? So that would roughly be 95% at 20 mics?..."

Admit I'm not much on filter efficiency extrapolation, but 95% 20 um would seem extremely generous to me. For me, 'if' efficiency was a priority, I go with one that has a corresponding beta @ 20um or ISO 4548-12 @20 or 25um. That said, many/most OEM OF give no efficiency spec at all.

Last edited:
OK, I didn't realize that there were two different ST filters that you showed. Looking at the pics I see that now.

A blue combo valve. When work quiets down, I have a few adbvs (including one nitrile) that I want to shove in a freezer and then look at the next morning to see how pliable they are. I might just buy a ST with a blue combo to see how it compares to the rest.

Wemay--does the box state the composition of the adbv (nitrile or silicone)? In your pics, the side of the box with a lot of text isn't facing the camera, so I couldn't tell.

@paulri - You're welcome

Yes, the first two pics of the MP10358 show the filter housing o-ring which is blue. The MP10575 SuperTech model is a combo-valve filter. That blue element is the adbv....

(image below as an example only)

So would you run the ST10575 instead of the FL500S Motorcraft for 5k intervals? I will probably stick with the Motorcraft due to convenience of picking them up from work but it is tempting to switch as that looks like a robust filter.

OK, I didn't realize that there were two different ST filters that you showed. Looking at the pics I see that now.

A blue combo valve. When work quiets down, I have a few adbvs (including one nitrile) that I want to shove in a freezer and then look at the next morning to see how pliable they are. I might just buy a ST with a blue combo to see how it compares to the rest.

Wemay--does the box state the composition of the adbv (nitrile or silicone)? In your pics, the side of the box with a lot of text isn't facing the camera, so I couldn't tell.
Unfortunately, it does not.

Well for a filter that is marketed as a 20K mile filter, it would have to be silicone, but I learned a while ago, the world does not operate according to what I think is most reasonable or likely. I think I'll buy one for my adbv freezer test, whenever that's gonna happen.

Unfortunately, it does not.

Makes sense.

There’s an established market for “premium” oil filters. No reason for Walmart not to try and horn in on that with a house brand.

An extra dollar’s worth of content (at most.) allows you to take on the $8-$10 competition.

Last edited:
Back from WM, no joy on any MP prefix Super Tech filters here, just ~$3 ST line. Wanted to check out the MP10575 bypass type, guess it will have to wait till someone posts shot down the outlet/center tube or they start getting stocked locally.

Back