Quick note - ST12060 VS MP12060

I went to pickup a pf64 at walmart today for the leased Equinox. As a few of you may know who are familiar with this filter line, the PF64 was updated multiple times. The most recent update changed the gasket width as well as some other features. I thought it was pretty wide already. Anyways, I decided to compare the new PF64 (the box with the Asian letters) to both supertech versions. The MP12060 was pretty much the exact same thing in terms of gasket width, construction, color, and overall weight of the can (aside from adbv).The ST12060 has the spec of the old version that's currently on my car. I considered going with the MP12060, but went with the OE stamped product. Just a heads up for folks the blue can versions (MP) are likely true ACDelco rebrands with the silicone adbv where as the white ST cans are the champ filter. I wouldn't say there's really that much difference in terms of construction and they'll probably look the same in the future.

Gasket is wider on the MP and ACDelco. These probably come off the same line with different color ADBV. But what I find interesting is the ST white version which is pretty much this filter yet Walmart spec's for 10k vs 3-5k at RA. This is further evidence these numbers are all marketing and these filters are over engineered anyway.

Gasket is wider on the MP and ACDelco. These probably come off the same line with different color ADBV. But what I find interesting is the ST white version which is pretty much this filter yet Walmart spec's for 10k vs 3-5k at RA. This is further evidence these numbers are all marketing and these filters are over engineered anyway.
It's rated for factory OLM OCI, which can be as high as 10K with lots of highway miles. I don't think people are going to change their cheapo filter 3X in 10K! Reminds me of when Bosch customer service said the Distance Plus was only good for 3000-I replied "that would make it a Distance MINUS!".

Back