2023 Colorado/Canyon 2.7 Turbo EPA fuel mileage ratings released.

The Colorado 3.6/8 speed combo is darn near perfect. I routinely averaged 19.5-20 mixed, has TONS of power for the combo, and tows 7k. It’s the one truck I actually regret selling. I can’t imagine the 2.7 turbo would be desirable here when offered against the 3.6. Thirsty small displacement turbos rarely get EPA estimates when you hook a load to it. For the price, I’d take the 3.6 all day every day.

The Colorado 3.6/8 speed combo is darn near perfect. I routinely averaged 19.5-20 mixed, has TONS of power for the combo, and tows 7k. It’s the one truck I actually regret selling. I can’t imagine the 2.7 turbo would be desirable here when offered against the 3.6. Thirsty small displacement turbos rarely get EPA estimates when you hook a load to it. For the price, I’d take the 3.6 all day every day.
I am very intolerant of my 6 speed finding 6th gear at 40mph but other than that I would never tow 7K with the truck. I think their tow numbers were ambitious. I can see 5k but 7k should be reserved for a full size.

I am very intolerant of my 6 speed finding 6th gear at 40mph but other than that I would never tow 7K with the truck. I think their tow numbers were ambitious. I can see 5k but 7k should be reserved for a full size.
I personally would never hook up 7k to this truck. In the same breath I’d never hook up 10k to a 1500 either

I towed my fishing boat (about 4k loaded gear & fuel) all over KS and OK. The 3.6/8spd is perfectly paired. Lock it out of 8th and it purs along in 6th and 7th almost intuitively.

I personally would never hook up 7k to this truck. In the same breath I’d never hook up 10k to a 1500 either

I towed my fishing boat (about 4k loaded gear & fuel) all over KS and OK. The 3.6/8spd is perfectly paired. Lock it out of 8th and it purs along in 6th and 7th almost intuitively.
Ya the 6th has a bad habit of lugging below 50mph, above that no issue. Never towed but did put the bed & leafs to the test a few times one being close to 2k. :D

Neither do NA engine if their is an appreciable load. Watch more Ike Gauntlet on TFL

The Toyota Tacoma is the competition.
Do they have an automatic transmission only turbo'd/cylinder dropping three position cammed 4 cyl engine?

New two wheel drive trucks up here are rarely seen anymore. Dealers kept new two wheel drive trucks on the lot until around 2010, and then that was it.

If you do find one that is two wheel drive, it is a 1/2 ton, regular cab , 8' box... in white.

There are 132 new Silverado trucks within 100 miles. 130 of those are 4x4's.
who still makes regular cab 8' bed 1/2 ton trucks

Back