Next-Gen 2023 Chevy Colorado, GMC Canyon Test Convoy Spied

Last edited:
It's good to read that they are finally getting rid of the problematic 8 speed. If they give that 2.7 the same power ratings as the Silverado, it should be a very quick truck.

It's good to read that they are finally getting rid of the problematic 8 speed. If they give that 2.7 the same power ratings as the Silverado, it should be a very quick truck.
Agree. When I had mine, it would occassionaly buck when I started it. Not often and totally random. If I didn't run premium in it, there was often a rough bucking downshift when coming to a stop. Other than that it was a very smooth transmission. They never quite worked out the issue but I believe the M1 ATF fluid was a band aid for the most part.

Interior desperately needs to be upgraded.

They did a great job on the new Silverado interior.

Last edited:
"The GM L3B engine made its debut in the 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 and 2019 GMC Sierra 1500 producing an SAE-certified 310 horsepower and 348 pound-feet of torque. Notably, the light-duty pickup engine receives updates for the 2022 model year, including a torque increase from 348 to 420 pound-feet. GM has not confirmed whether or not the changes will be carry over to other applications."

I like

A variable-pressure oiling system with a continuously variable-displacement vane oil pump enhances efficiency by optimizing oil pressure as a function of engine speed and load. With it, the oil supply is matched to the engine requirements rather than the excessive supply of a conventional, fixed-displacement oil pump.

Thinnies Rejoice!

Advertising newer, bigger, better, the latest and greatest all have a long history. It amounts to not much more than blowing smoke up your arse.
Check these 2 jewels out.

vega.jpg

ht4100.jpg

Finally, the engine we all expected this truck to get. I may have to look at once someday.

I’ve heard no real world discussion on how it’s fared in the 1500. Has it done well? As much as I appreciate old school iron, I’m also able to root for the new tech too when done right and effective. How’s it holding up?

I've always said that the 2.7 would be better utilized in the Colorado/Canyon... and that I'd be buying one once that happened.

I've gotten my wish!
I had the 3.7L (Colly) and the 5.3L (Canyon) back in the GMT355 days - guess which one made good memories 😜

Back