2022 Toyota Tundra

Looks like they announced the engines… a 3.5L twin turbo V6 making 389 HP and 479lb ft of torque, and a hybrid version making 437 HP and a whopping 583lb ft of torque both mated to a 10 speed auto. I might have to trade my Ram in 🤔

Looks like they announced the engines… a 3.5L twin turbo V6 making 389 HP and 479lb ft of torque, and a hybrid version making 437 HP and a whopping 583lb ft of torque both mated to a 10 speed auto. I might have to trade my Ram in 🤔
Sounds awesome but get ready for a massive markup in price over MSRP. Dealers are making money hand over fist now.

Impressive numbers, at what RPM? Do you feel lucky or will you wait a year?
My Durango taught me to never buy the 1st model year lol… part of why I bought a Ram 1500 Classic instead of the new body style. It’ll be a few years before I seriously consider buying one. I haven’t seen any RPM specs yet, but I’d assume torque comes on strong pretty low.

Sounds nice but wouldn't you have to look at it? :sick:
I happen to like it, it’s also not the abomination that is the Silverado or whatever that sad excuse is for the 2500/3500 they have.

I think there is a secret coalition of truck manufacturers where they have agreed not to compete on how trucks look from the front. They put zero time into designing a good looking front end, so now they are all ugly as sin. They may even be competing on who can make the ugliest front end. From the looks of trucks these days, it all makes sense to me. :)

I'm no engineer, offroader, or Toyota hater, but mounting the remote reservoir down just seems like a not-great idea on the TRD Pro. Looks like a cool truck though, I'm way too cheap to ever buy one.

toyo.jpg

This is very bold of conservative Toyota to come out with what is almost a Ford Powerboost clone.

This thing has major potential.

I wish i didnt want a heavy duty for my next truck.

Yeah, I can’t think of any other trucks that had a twin turbo v6 and twin turbo v6 hybrid mated to a 10 speed. Toyota just set the bar 😂

Back