2022 Four Wheeler Magazine Truck of the Year

Just got my digital Four Wheeler Magazine. Their Truck of the Year award goes to the Ford Raptor. I’m getting used to digital magazines. They are excellent when viewed on a tablet like a IPad. Here are two screen shots.

5BB1E48A-FB83-4514-82AF-FA4AF12E48FB.png
1F8B92C5-4B8C-462C-8F09-25DE154621CC.png

Ranger Raptor on the way for the U.S. market too. They're adding a front locker to it. And new ZR2 Colorado by next year.

Wow! Over $78,000 so you can pay $0.30 per mile on the combined 15 mpg figure at today's prices. You REALLY have to want a truck to be laying out that kind of money, not only at purchase time but continuously at the gas station. And then figure in the interest the great majority of people will pay on a six, seven or eight year loan.

Yeah I agree with them that the raptor is friggn amazing, but your really can't compare it to other average pick ups in a comparison. They should have made another class of performance truck category. Trying to compare the sport trucks to an average truck is stupid.

I personally don't care for these types of pickups. But the Raptor is very good for what it is.

Wow! Over $78,000 so you can pay $0.30 per mile on the combined 15 mpg figure at today's prices. You REALLY have to want a truck to be laying out that kind of money, not only at purchase time but continuously at the gas station. And then figure in the interest the great majority of people will pay on a six, seven or eight year loan.
I agree with your post mostly, everything except the gas mileage issue.. I don't think the gas mileage should be an issue considering that It's not a commuter vehicle, and should not be used as a primary. I would consider it a pleasure vehicle.. And the current inflated value if stupid higher than the value a few years ago.
If you're wealthy and could care less about using it as a primary, you're quite lucky!! I do love this truck and having 450hp and 510ft/lbs of torque, it's one of my bucket list vehicle's.

It is Four Wheeler Magazine, not Fuel Efficiency Monthly...

And the folks I know who have Raptors have them as Daily Drivers. Their choice to pay to play - and I have zero issue with it.

There are two in the town I live in. One is never dirty. Ever. The other is at least used for pulling a deer supply stuff to deer camp. But to each there own for sure.

Buddy has one, been a great truck for him but it sounds like dog poop to me as I have a supercharged Ford 5.4 2V and 5.8 Trinity, I just can't get next to the V6 exhaust sounds

The Raptor also has coil springs in the back with a 4 link. I now know this because I had a kid call and want the "kit" to convert his 2006 F-150 to a rear Raptor suspension. Spoiler alert: there is no kit.

Back