2019 Toyota Highlander More Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by dishdude
So it has a heater control valve? That's unusual in a modern car...or is there a special procedure for bleeding the cooling system?

It just wasn't recharge properly

Originally Posted by Mathew_Boss
Originally Posted by john_pifer
I only read the first post, but that is total and complete Bravo Sierra, for a dealership to refuse to address a gripe on a vehicle that's recently had the engine replaced simply because they weren't the dealership that replaced the engine.

What if you were on a road trip with it? What are you supposed to do? Have it towed 500 miles back to the dealership that replaced the engine?

File a complaint with Toyota Corporate immediately.

I finally got a hold of corporate. They said once a part is replaced or repair is made it get a 1 year unlimited mile warranty and it gets assigned to the dealer that made the repair for that 1 year period. if you go to another dealer during that year, that dealer wont be reimbursed by Toyota for parts and Labor because its locked into the dealer that made the repair. If it happens to break out of state, you can call Toyota Corporate and ask them to transfer the case to what ever the closest dealer is.

I told them that is the most ridiculous thing I ever heard. I said if I was at the end of the warranty I would understand that but since I still have the full bumper to bumper they should fix it and handle the Toyota politics on the back end. That shouldnt involve the customer if it's a Toyota, fixed by a toyota dealer, under Toyota warranty and brought to another Toyota dealership for subsequent repairs.

Completely agree with you! I'd be raising heck.

I didn't read all the replies, but just read online there's a bunch of Toyotas being recalled for replacement engines in the 19 & 20 model years. Might want to see if yours was included.

Also, over about a month period I've had to add up to a half gallon after radiator/ coolant work on Honda's and Subarus. Then after that I had no issues. I assumed air working its way out. But if you add and it doesn't slow it's drop after a couple additions I'd definitely bring it back.

UPDATE: The 2019 Highlander has 2 heater cores. 1 for the fron seats and one for the back. The dealer never ran the heat in back to charge the 2nd heater core. So the coolant was going down to charge the line going to the back.

An air bubble that large can cause overheating and warp the head.

Originally Posted by HangFire
UPDATE: The 2019 Highlander has 2 heater cores. 1 for the fron seats and one for the back. The dealer never ran the heat in back to charge the 2nd heater core. So the coolant was going down to charge the line going to the back.

An air bubble that large can cause overheating and warp the head.

Yeah, that's poor mechanic work, IMO.

Originally Posted by HowAboutThis
I didn't read all the replies, but just read online there's a bunch of Toyotas being recalled for replacement engines in the 19 & 20 model years. Might want to see if yours was included.

Also, over about a month period I've had to add up to a half gallon after radiator/ coolant work on Honda's and Subarus. Then after that I had no issues. I assumed air working its way out. But if you add and it doesn't slow it's drop after a couple additions I'd definitely bring it back.

The recall on 2019 and 2020 vehicles encompasses only 4-cylinder engines. OP's Highlander is a V6.

Incidentally, the CR article I read that was published yesterday doesn't mention the Highlander as being one of the affected models:

https://www.consumerreports.org/car...all-replace-engine-avalon-camry-rav4-es/

Originally Posted by CR
If you've just bought a new Toyota or Lexus, your vehicle may need its engine replaced. Over 44,000 cars and SUVs from the 2019 and 2020 model years are being recalled because they may overheat, stall, or even catch fire.

Affected vehicles include 2020 Toyota Camry, Toyota Camry Hybrid, Toyota Avalon Hybrid, and Lexus ES300h sedans, and 2019-2020 Toyota RAV4 and RAV4 Hybrid SUVs.

The problem started in September 2019 at a Toyota-owned factory in Tennessee that manufactures engine blocks for Toyota and Lexus vehicles. According to a written statement from the automaker, a water flow meter at the factory failed while some engine blocks were being cast. As a result, these blocks did not cool properly, which caused cracks to develop.

Toyota said it discovered the problem when it found vehicles with coolant leaks during inspections of new vehicles at factories and dealers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back