2018 Chevrolet tires

What do you use the vehicle for?

For highway/general use all season tires I recommend the Michelin Defender LTX and General HTS60.

For an all terrain the General ATX and the Falken Wildpeak AT3W.

You have 17's on that truck? Either 245/70/17 Toyo CTs or 265/65/17 Cooper ST MAXX.
Now if you're going to get new tires and wheels.....

You might want to look here-
http://www.nexentireusa.com/

I bought 4 275/55/20 Roadian HP tires INSTALLED at Discount Tire for $632.00. They met the Internet price from Sam's Club. The "HP" tires are "XL " rated and I use them because of towing. I have had another set on another truck previously. However the new HTX tires are supposed to be good as well. Not sure which tire specs your size.

I'm fascinated with 18.5/32" tread depth, not getting stuck, no flat tires and a 100,000 mile life.
Now about ride quality.... how can a 22" p-rated tire that comes on 1500s ride better than a 17" LT tire, E rated or not?
Passenger trains run steel wheels on steel rails and nobody complains about the ride. That's what a suspension is for.
Cooper's ST MAXX is the go-to tire in the AU outback, and you don't need a 3500 to buy them.

I'm fascinated with 18.5/32" tread depth, not getting stuck, no flat tires and a 100,000 mile life.
Now about ride quality.... how can a 22" p-rated tire that comes on 1500s ride better than a 17" LT tire, E rated or not?
Passenger trains run steel wheels on steel rails and nobody complains about the ride. That's what a suspension is for.
Cooper's ST MAXX is the go-to tire in the AU outback, and you don't need a 3500 to buy them.
You have to explain to the rest of us how we don't experience the things you mentioned either-not running "E" rated tires. 100,000 mile tread life-really? Show me some PICS.

Last edited:
The E rated is a much stronger tire if you want to off road occasionally with less risk. I have them on Silverado and air them to ~42psi and they ride just fine. For hauling or towing you can go up to 80PSI depending on the load and will be more stable for that. A low profile tire will ride no better than an E rated balloon tire that is not at full PSI rating. As a plus the E tire will typically +MPG.

You have to explain to the rest of us how we don't experience the things you mentioned either-not running "E" rated tires. 100,000 mile tread life-really? Show me some PICS.
I think he forgot to mention his MPG went up too :ROFLMAO::LOL:

Seriously there is a place for load range E tires.. on your weekend trail toy or f350.

Tires load rated “E” are normally for 2500 and 3500 series trucks and vans. 2500 and 3500 series are 3/4 ton and 1 ton. The Chevy Colorado is neither. Go ahead and buy you some, you’ll be sorry that you did.

11/32" tread vs 18.5/32"tread. Simple math ladies.

11/32" tread vs 18.5/32"tread. Simple math ladies.
You do however need ear plugs.

Back