Continental Tire deals soon?

I've had good luck talking on the phone directly to a DT person. They will "work" with you on stacking deals and even shaving $$ and/or sometimes throwing in 2 warranties if I bought the other 2.

The DTD salesman I worked with last time when I bought a set of Contis was very helpful in providing the necessary documentation for the rebate submission.

But they can't work miracles when Conti can't supply the tires they're trying to entice people to buy, and one of the required pieces of documentation for this rebate is proof of installation.

I was perfectly willing to order, pay, and submit while waiting for delivery, but that won't fly under the terms. A bit silly, and the TR salesman agreed, and said it frustrated them as well.

I don't recall ever having to show proof of installation for the Continental Rebate...and I've bought 5 sets of the DWS-06/DWS-06 Plus tires getting the rebate on every set...and I've bought every set of these (since 2017) from Discount Tire Direct having my tires installed by my trusted independent mechanic shop each time but once...

good luck with your choice...

Bill

I don't recall ever having to show proof of installation for the Continental Rebate...and I've bought 5 sets of the DWS-06/DWS-06 Plus tires getting the rebate on every set...and I've bought every set of these (since 2017) from Discount Tire Direct having my tires installed by my trusted independent mechanic shop each time but once...

good luck with your choice...

Bill

Terms and Conditions:

QUALIFYING CONTINENTAL TIRE PURCHASE REBATE OFFER:

Valid only with qualified purchase made in the 50 United States, Washington, D.C., or Puerto Rico between 11/01/2023 and 11/30/2023 or while supplies last. Void where restricted or prohibited by law. No rain checks. Submission must include copy or original, dated, paid, itemized receipt and invoice for the purchase of four (4) new qualifying CONTINENTAL TIRES from a participating retail dealer and a completed rebate form. For online purchases, an original, dated, itemized proof of installation also must be submitted. Offer may not be combined with any other offer, discount, rebate, or promotion. Tires must be purchased in a single transaction. Rebate form must be postmarked or submitted online by 12/31/2023. Offer not valid on purchase by wholesalers, dealer, fleets, OEM customers, or other commercial entities or on returned merchandise. Requests from those with an invalid or undeliverable mailing address will be denied. Limit two (2) Continental Tire Visa Prepaid Cards per person, household, email or address. Visa prepaid card is given to you as a reward, refund, rebate and no money has been paid by you for the card. Card is issued by MetaBank®, N.A., Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. No cash access or recurring payments. Can be used everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted. Card valid for up to 6 months; unused funds will be forfeited after the valid through date. Card terms and conditions apply. Not responsible for late, lost, stolen, misdirected, illegible, mutilated, or postage due to mail or inability to connect to the website. Any taxes, fees or costs, including but not limited to installation, are sole responsibility of the recipient. Allow 8-12 weeks for fulfillment. Each time you use the card, the amount of the transaction will be deducted from the amount of your available balance. Card will be issued in the name on the rebate form only. Expiration date of card is stamped on the front of card. Card is non-transferable.

And like I said, I verified this with a Tire Rack salesman.

Also repeated on the rebate form at DTD.

I believe you (and now see it on the form) but I've never had to show any proof of installation and I've gotten the rebate all 5 times...quickly too from Continental...I have submitted them all online rather than snail mail...

Bill

Oooo. Please let us know what you think of the new model. The DWS06+ … the past DWS06 was an excellent tire - would love to know how the new ‘+’ does
I have a set on the Giulia. Love them. Will be sticking with these on that car for the foreseeable future.

OP, Conti has a rebate for November. Just bought a set of True Contacts from DT for the CX-5. $705.44 OTD by purchasing with DT CC and stacking the $110 rebate.

Great luck with the DWS06+ on my 2008 550i with staggered tires. Last set made it about 30k miles with side to side rotation every 5-7k miles.

Never understood the heat Discount Tire gets. My nearest Costco is over 2 hours away so it’s not really a choice for me. I travel a lot and like that I can easily find a DT. Last set of tires my brother bought on his vehicle, we stacked a prorated warranty refund, military discount, a Black Friday deal, and a Pirelli mail in rebate. Discounts totaled about $550.

Timely thread. Now, if Conti will only produce the tires I want in the size I need, then I can be happy.

DT's promos used to be pretty predictable -- wait until some holiday, and they'll probably have a sale of some kind.

Now, they send out emails every week, pushing $110 or $150 off a limited selection of brands and/or tire models. Pfffft.
Check out Generals, Conti's "thrift" brand. I have the Gmax AS-05 on a couple cars and like them a lot. I don't drive them in snow but they do well on wet pavement.

Check out Generals, Conti's "thrift" brand. I have the Gmax AS-05 on a couple cars and like them a lot. I don't drive them in snow but they do well on wet pavement.

Yeah, the G-Max RS is a Plan B.

Spoke to DTD sales about the rebate terms, and they also concur about the SOL nature of the situation.

Picked up 4 TrueContact Tour today from local shop using the Continental Credit Card. Christmas present for my son that won't be used until spring. His Michelin Premier's will be 6 years old and down to 3-4/32 all around. Shockingly they were not hydroplaning or giving poor wet grip and we were trying to play around where safe. Oh well, ready for spring.

They were $142ea at Tire Rack. Local small business shop was $154ea but that also included mount and balance. They are on the Tire Rack recommended installer list and I have had multiple sets from TR and DTD mounted there. Figured good to support and actually cheaper since normally like $25 tire to mount/balance.

IMG_4255.jpg

Picked up 4 TrueContact Tour today from local shop using the Continental Credit Card. Christmas present for my son that won't be used until spring. His Michelin Premier's will be 6 years old and down to 3-4/32 all around. Shockingly they were not hydroplaning or giving poor wet grip and we were trying to play around where safe. Oh well, ready for spring.

They were $142ea at Tire Rack. Local small business shop was $154ea but that also included mount and balance. They are on the Tire Rack recommended installer list and I have had multiple sets from TR and DTD mounted there. Figured good to support and actually cheaper since normally like $25 tire to mount/balance.

View attachment 190267
The Conti rebate is just a bit slow.....on the 10-14 days part.

Keep that in mind for future when the sales are on.

1709315095375.jpg

Back