2017 Grand Cherokee 3.6 Pentastar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Sunnyinhollister
Originally Posted By: car51
The oil cooler/filter housings leak oil also. I've done over 100 of them already and not a fun job
frown.gif

Were these just on the 2014 model or are you seeing this on later models. What is the part number revision up to?

As far as Grand Caravans/Town and Countrys go, we are hearing about mainly early build 2014 models that have the issue. That is the year FCA switched the oil cooler adapter (bypass design); and if memory serves correct the part supplier changed to Sogefi.

Part number is up to "AE" from what I have seen.

Originally Posted By: RD_3 formerly AKA
Originally Posted By: Sunnyinhollister
Originally Posted By: car51
The oil cooler/filter housings leak oil also. I've done over 100 of them already and not a fun job
frown.gif

Were these just on the 2014 model or are you seeing this on later models. What is the part number revision up to?

As far as Grand Caravans/Town and Countrys go, we are hearing about mainly early build 2014 models that have the issue. That is the year FCA switched the oil cooler adapter (bypass design); and if memory serves correct the part supplier changed to Sogefi.

Part number is up to "AE" from what I have seen.

You are correct I think. They changed the design from the 2013 to the 2014 models. What is odd, when I asked the tech about it when talking about oil leaks being possible, he stated that they see it more in the jeeps, vans and cars with the 3.6 than in the RAMS, so I am not sure what the factors would be to make them break/crack in some models and not others of the same year. The oil filter from 2013 to 2014 models changed as well, not compatible with each other, new one has check valve/bypass design on the filter, older does not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back