2016 Civic Type R FK2 K20C1 - Honda Engine Type 2.0 0W20 - 2743 km Race track

Next week Theater season will starten and i will Go on the nürburgring Nordschleife. I only will use mobil 1 fs 0W40. An analysis After this years i will Show you here. Thanks für your comments

Can you tell me to what extent the mobile 1 0W40 leaves more deposits than a 5W30? Deposits are increased due to the high spread of viscosity, aren't they?

Can you tell me to what extent the mobile 1 0W40 leaves more deposits than a 5W30? Deposits are increased due to the high spread of viscosity, aren't they?
Not really.
0W40 FS is high SAPS oil. And in case of FS, REALLY high SAPS.
ESP is low SAPS oil. There will be less CBU from ESP.
FS has really good Noack for that grade of 8.7%. ESP 5W30 is 7.1%.

I only know that Porsche uses this engine oil, which fs 0W40, on all gt3 vehicles on the racetrack. They also do this at 24h races. There are always a "smart" people here in Germany who write contributions in forums without real knowledge. This involves the use of polymers in such large spreads. They don't even know what kind of polymers and base oils are used. I now use this exclusively in my FK2R as well as my dayli honda. Price performance is gigantic. A big compliment to your forum, here there is much more differentiated and practical work. Pure and grey theory often does not help you. Keep it up, I'm thrilled with you ...

I only know that Porsche uses this engine oil, which fs 0W40, on all gt3 vehicles on the racetrack. They also do this at 24h races. There are always a "smart" people here in Germany who write contributions in forums without real knowledge. This involves the use of polymers in such large spreads. They don't even know what kind of polymers and base oils are used. I now use this exclusively in my FK2R as well as my dayli honda. Price performance is gigantic. A big compliment to your forum, here there is much more differentiated and practical work. Pure and grey theory often does not help you. Keep it up, I'm thrilled with you ...
You can never go wrong with M1 0W40 FS on track!

What do you think about Engine oils Ober w40. I mean mobil 5w50 oder 10W60. Do you think they would destroy this Engine?

What do you think about Engine oils Ober w40. I mean mobil 5w50 oder 10W60. Do you think they would destroy this Engine?
I think you are overthinking this. Shell Helix Ultra 5w-40 should be perfect for both Nürnberg-Ring and street use. After a hard run on the track, check your oil pressure at idle. If it's good... no need for thicker oil than 40w. Viel Spaß auf der Strecke. Rundenzeiten?

Destroy? Where does that come from?
I don't think he really means "destroy" He is a German driver that runs the hell out of the car. Redline all the time, full boost ect. I know the mentality......I have been there done that. He knows he is thrashing that car and wants the best protection for it.
But he needs to understand that a x-40 oil is probably sufficient. Unless UOA shows it is not. Not to mention the HP loss from a Xw -50 or 60. That Honda Type R motor is stout, the only thing that will destroy it is him.

Thank you. My times on Track are 8:15 BtG. I would stay With mobil 1 and After this year i take a new oil analysis from my Engine.

Here is the analysis of the almost pure racetrack operation with the Mobil 1 FS 0W40. Even if the differences are small, it can be seen that the third analysis from the left, which was operated with the honda Engine Type 2.0 0W20, performs very well compared to the much thicker 0W40 or what do you think?

Attachments

• 17E8AC38-9363-40A7-AA0D-AFE1B3BB5E42.jpeg
    17E8AC38-9363-40A7-AA0D-AFE1B3BB5E42.jpeg
    131.6 KB · Views: 27
Here is the analysis of the almost pure racetrack operation with the Mobil 1 FS 0W40. Even if the differences are small, it can be seen that the third analysis from the left, which was operated with the honda Engine Type 2.0 0W20, performs very well compared to the much thicker 0W40 or what do you think?
I think it doesn’t mean that at all and you’re still trying to use the wrong tool for the job.

You don’t use what is essentially a one-time spectrographic analysis to determine comparative oil quality. You’re not even close. There are so many variables that are unaccounted for that put any differences between the oil deep in the noise.

You don’t use what is essentially a one-time spectrographic analysis to determine comparative oil quality. You’re not even close. There are so many variables that are unaccounted for that put any differences between the oil deep in the noise.
That, and the mileage on the equipment is WELL within break-in territory too, compounding the misuse further, lol.

I am willing to do more analyses in the future in order to find the best. This time, however, it was almost exclusively racetrack, so I wanted to know the element concentration. What do you think, should I keep mobile or test another test during the experiments?

I am willing to do more analyses in the future in order to find the best. This time, however, it was almost exclusively racetrack, so I wanted to know the element concentration. What do you think, should I keep mobile or test another test during the experiments?
If this thing legitimately has less than 20,000km on it, I'd hold off on trying to trend any UOA's at this point, as break-in is going to skew things, even though the short changes are making everything look extremely low.

Once you have a bit more mileage on it, pick an oil and stick with it for a while. A couple PPM on a UOA here or there don't mean anything, the resolution simply isn't there.

Back