2016 Civic Type R FK2 K20C1 - Honda Engine Type 2.0 0W20 - 2743 km Race track

Thanks very much. I use mobil 1 in Future, too. I will take any analysis from this. Thanks

In the next analysis i will Find out if 0W40 or 5W30 from mobil 1 will be the best.

You are right, of course within the limits of my ability. I now think that a thicker oil does no damage to this vehicle, but it also brings nothing but more fuel consumption and less power. Hence my consideration of returning to W30 or W20.

You are right, of course within the limits of my ability. I now think that a thicker oil does no damage to this vehicle, but it also brings nothing but more fuel consumption and less power. Hence my consideration of returning to W30 or W20.
No, a thicker oil has higher HT/HS and greater film thickness which prevents wear. This matters under high load and high temperatures. You're tracking the car, correct?

Yes i Tracking may car.
What I wonder is whether I should take a more stable base oil purely in terms of viscosity. I have read in some forums that oils with less large viscosity spread are more stable. What is your opinion?

I almost never worry about base stock composition, viscosity spread, typical PDS values nor VOA/UOA. If I was tracking or racing a vehicle I’d use an oil from a reputable blender or manufacturer that is intended for that application and recommended by them. But maybe that’s just me.

Mobil 1 direkt recommends the LV 0W30 with the ACEA A5 /C2 and 229.61 approval for my vehicle. They wouldn't fill in thicker ones.

Is it really true that engine oils that have the VW 504 00 / 507 00 specification cause fewer deposits than a full saps, for example mobile 1 fs 0W40? Or have these midsaps oils only been developed for vehicles with particulate filters and full saps should always be preferred even with direct injection engines if there is no filter? I am still thinking between mobil 1 fs and mobil 1 esp 5W30.

Is it really true that engine oils that have the VW 504 00 / 507 00 specification cause fewer deposits than a full saps, for example mobile 1 fs 0W40? Or have these midsaps oils only been developed for vehicles with particulate filters and full saps should always be preferred even with direct injection engines if there is no filter? I am still thinking between mobil 1 fs and mobil 1 esp 5W30.
It is true. Low-SAPS oils do leave less IVD deposits.

I almost never worry about base stock composition, viscosity spread, typical PDS values nor VOA/UOA. If I was tracking or racing a vehicle I’d use an oil from a reputable blender or manufacturer that is intended for that application and recommended by them. But maybe that’s just me.
Any Porsche A40 would fit track requirements. Racing is bit different and depends on the vehicle. I personally think that if the car is driven on the street, street oils are preferred (I should not pontificate too much as I have Motul 300V in my sump now :)).

Do you have an explanation why this is the case? Why is this happening? Could you get this under control with short oil changes and full saps engine oil?

Mh, how is it now? The question is why midsaps oils should cause fewer deposits? Do polymers also play a role?

Mh, how is it now? The question is why midsaps oils should cause fewer deposits? Do polymers also play a role?
Basically, it depends on how much in the way of oil vapour makes its way into the intake, from the crankcase, and gets exposed to the back of the valves which, unlike with a port injected engine, aren't washed by the fuel spray of the injector.

A lighter base oil blend with more VII may be more inclined to produce a mist that makes its way through the PCV, but some additives may also be more inclined to create deposits. There are a few articles on the subject that we've discussed in the past.

I know that the mobil 1 fs 0W40 passes even in the toughest racetrack test and also over 24h. I just wonder if the esp 5W30 would be the better choice in my case, since I only drive 5000 kilometres in the season anyway. What would you tend to do?

I know that the mobil 1 fs 0W40 passes even in the toughest racetrack test and also over 24h. I just wonder if the esp 5W30 would be the better choice in my case, since I only drive 5000 kilometres in the season anyway. What would you tend to do?
I'd personally use the 0W-40, and do.

Back