2015 Honda Civic LX

My sister is offering to sell me her 2015 Honda Civic LX with only 30,000 miles for a very reasonable price. Car has had all scheduled maintenance done by the Honda dealer. I'm interested in buying it but haven't owned a Honda since my 1991 Accord. I'd like to hear from any owners of this vintage Civic what their experience has been like. Good reliable car, anything to look out for, ex.? Has 1.8 liter engine with CVT transmission.

I know someone who owned a Civic that I believe was a 2015. I’m not sure what engine was in it but it did have the CVT. He commuted about 60 miles each day and drove that car everywhere. He put a couple hundred thousand miles on it before trading it in several month ago on another Honda.

If it’s a good deal I would get it.

I got a 2013 for my grand niece; it was the last year for a traditional trans. Great car; she loves it. I do nothing but service it. 150K trouble free miles.
Here it is in my back yard waiting for Tatiana to get home from the Marine Corps.
1689970240569.png

I have nothing but good things to say about the 2015 Civic I drive almost every day. The naturally aspirated, port injected engine is smooth, reliable, and fuel-efficient, the CVT is imperceptible, the steering is light but very precise, the ride quality for a compact-class sedan is exceptional (owing to a combination of excellent suspension tuning and 15" alloys with tall sidewalls), and the cabin is surprisingly quiet at highway speeds. Complaints? The car doesn't have much character and it doesn't encourage playful driving in any sense of the word. As a commuter, though, it's a star. This ninth-generation Civic in 2015 vintage is the culmination of a decade of Honda's engineering and tweaking to make the car as good as it could be (since it's really just a light makeover of the eighth generation), which makes it a strong candidate to go the distance to ultra-high mileage.

My wife has driven a 2015 Civic LX for the last 5 years or so. It’s got about 75k miles on it now (her driving has decreased a lot since Covid and WFH). We have had no mechanical issues out of it. I found a few cases of HCF-2 for cheap on CL a couple years back and have started adding drain and fills for the CVT every other oil change recently. It’s easy to drive. The CVT powerband is very smooth and the steering is responsive. As reliable, cost effective transportation it’s hard to beat.

The only issues, as some other folks mentioned, it’s not that inspiring to drive. Ours also has very limited infotainment (basic Bluetooth connectivity, but a tiny screen). The backup camera is essentially useless due to screen size. We’ve also seen the paint to not be holding up fantastically (it’s silver) - that said it’s had very little wax in its life from the previous owner or my wife.

Back