2015 Grand Caravan first issue and...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: JTK
Does anyone really buy a Grand Caravan or T&C because of their extreme qualility? I don't think so. People buy them because they are a lot of van for the money.

You hit the nail on the head. For people to claim they are better than the Japanese makes is ridiculous...they might be a better value, but to say they're a better van is just not true...

Originally Posted By: grampi

You hit the nail on the head. For people to claim they are better than the Japanese makes is ridiculous...they might be a better value, but to say they're a better van is just not true...

Different priorities/criteria for different people. Better value is definitely one of the "better van" attributes. Better HP is another one. Better versatility yet another. It is a better van depending on one's criteria, just like one of Honda or Toyota offerings could be a "better van" for someone looking with a different set of criteria.
That is the reason we have so many car manufacturers, offering so many vehicle types. It is only hard to grasp for people that think their choices are always best.

I particularly don't care what everyone thinks and that is the reason I never started a thread before making a decision to purchase what I have purchased. It would be quite pointless.

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
The bashing did not take long to start I see.

For the record the van is fantastic. The second and third row stow and go came in handy few times already, H and T cannot touch this. It rides quiet and smooth, the Odyssey has more road noise. The new bigger brakes address the weak feeling brake issue and are very good. Yes, the interior is not as upscale but we don't care because it's a workhorse not a luxury vehicle.
And of course we saved a bundle, which is always a big plus.
They are awesome, my grandmother has a 2014 and it is an awesome van. I bought a 65" tv and had to figure out how to haul it. It slid in standing up, 3rd row folded down and I had people in the 2nd row on the other sides of the TV. Lots of room, power is all you could ask for and brakes stop as good as you can ask for too.

Lol @ the bashing.

Loved our Toyota previa. Power aside I still think it was as good/better than any current minivan.

We assessed the field and found the odyssey and T&C ahead of the sienna a bit, and bought an ody because we found a leftover new 2014 set up exactly how we wanted it.

How we wanted it included NO NAV.

Given the cost of NAV systems, how good/cheap standalone GPS is, and also how well smartphone maps work, I couldn't fathom an integrated unit. Want video and some other doodads? I'd rather buy tablets.

I'm glad the dealership experience was good. I do think it's a shame how these electronics issues cause the reliability stats to be swayed. Bad Bluetooth pairing or some other silly thing is NOT the same as a major mechanical failure.

Minivan bashing?

21.gif

Whose bashing? Just because something doesn't get a glowing review doesn't mean it's being bashed...there's nothing wrong with Chrysler minivans, I just happen to think the Japanese models are built a bit better...

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
They are awesome, my grandmother has a 2014 and it is an awesome van. I bought a 65" tv and had to figure out how to haul it. It slid in standing up, 3rd row folded down and I had people in the 2nd row on the other sides of the TV. Lots of room, power is all you could ask for and brakes stop as good as you can ask for too.

I helped load a good size sofa into one. It was so easy and even the rear door closed with no clearance issues. The van just gobbled it up.

Originally Posted By: maximus
I can't fathom paying extra for a nav option.

I'd pay extra to delete it. It's about as useful as a second appendix, or an 8-track player.

We got a base 2015 Grand Caravan in November for $17,400. Being the last 2015 model on the lot, we were eligible for every incentive and rebate, not to mention the 0% APR.

I just couldn't justify the bells and whistles at thousands more. And yes, there are very nice Japanese minivans out there today. But we couldn't touch one for a fraction of the price. The 2013+ GC's review well too. The value was too good for us to justify anything else that ultimately will be destroyed inside by children.

I really like the Van so far, no complaints. And it's nice that the 2015 still carried the longer powertrain warranty. (5yrs/50k vs 3ry/36k)

Glad you had good luck with the dealer.
When I had my Neon R/T I had nothing but good to say about my local dealer too.
Longer hours and awesome service. I never had a complaint the whole time I had that car. Although I rarely had to go, the car never really needed much.

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Originally Posted By: maximus
I can't fathom paying extra for a nav option.

I'd pay extra to delete it. It's about as useful as a second appendix, or an 8-track player.

I would pay extra just to get the much roomier back up camera screen that is a huge side benefit that comes with the nav package.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back