2013 FIAT 500 Abarth 1.4T - PP Euro 5W-40 - 4K Miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, here is a UOA from my 2013 FIAT 500 Abarth. The car has about 97k on it, and is stock mechanically and otherwise. I hadn't seen too many UOA's on the 1.4T MultiAir on the FIAT forums, and I have lurked here for many years.

4000 mile run on PP "Euro" 5W-40, oil filter was a Purolator L16162. No make up oil. This was about 50% interstate and 50% very hard bumper-to-bumper traffic. I don't treat this car very kindly and I'm pretty much constantly beating on it. I just wanted to see if 5k was an acceptable OCI on this car, and seems to be.

Enjoy.

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
Originally Posted by RamFan
Looking good. How are you liking the little Abarth?

Unfortunately... I'm about to send it down the road. Up until now, it has been very reliable. The MultiAir "brick" is starting to fail though, and:

a.) They are impossible to find new, and digging around junkyard engines and hoping for the best isn't a viable option for my daily driver
b.) They cost a ton to replace if you CAN get your hands on a new brick, and the car itself is only worth maybe 3000-4000 on a good day.

Beyond that it was a very fun car, and easy to park on Miami Beach
wink.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by GimpyMR2

Unfortunately... I'm about to send it down the road. Up until now, it has been very reliable. The MultiAir "brick" is starting to fail though, and:

a.) They are impossible to find new, and digging around junkyard engines and hoping for the best isn't a viable option for my daily driver
b.) They cost a ton to replace if you CAN get your hands on a new brick, and the car itself is only worth maybe 3000-4000 on a good day.

wink.gif

When you say "starting to fail", what exactly are you experiencing? Misfire codes due to an actuator in the brick failing? I'm just curious as to what symptoms you're having.

a.) https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-actuator-multiair-68463929aa
b.) Got $8800 for mine a year ago.

Yeah, its throwing codes for cyls 1/2 (I forget the P codes and I am not near the car to check) for the oil solenoids on cold starts and you can tell its not running on 1 or 2 cylinders. I tried swapping the MultiAir filter, didn't help and it was clean anyway. Once it warms up, the issue typically goes away.

$8800 is a pipe dream on my car. This thing has been outside in Miami sun its whole life, street parked.. so dinged/scuffed and wheels rashed, interior is clapped out from the sun. Pretty much the definition of a beater. The juice just isn't worth the squeeze to replace for the MultiAir brick IMO. While I enjoyed the car, I am by far a fanatic for these like some people... its just.. a. car...

We are wanting a user Subaru CrossTek or Honda HRV (yeah, I know). We pull around a little scooter with the Fiat in a trailer or my wifes Miata NC for weekend excursions. Also last hurricane scare, evacuating in a Fiat 500 was kinda silly hehe.

Originally Posted by HemiBenny

wink.gif

When you say "starting to fail", what exactly are you experiencing? Misfire codes due to an actuator in the brick failing? I'm just curious as to what symptoms you're having.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back