2012 Honda Accord EX-L Rear auto dimming rear view mirror

I have a 212 Honda Accord with auto dimming rear view mirror. I it possible to switch this mirror out with a manual rear view mirror, like the one in the LX, LX-p or EX model, my auto dimming doesn't seem to dim the lights very well.

Thanks for advice!

In your year Accord, it should be easy depending on the glass mounting point and do you have any Honda Safety Sense equipment that could be interupted? Some pervious generation vehicles such as your Accord have the same glass mount with both the regular rear view mirror and the auto dimming mirror.

Also, since your car is already wired for the auto dimming mirror, you could just get a boneyard Honda auto dimming mirror and just replace the mirror itself without doing all of the wiring.

Here's a new one with the install kit

If you already have wiring, you'll be in for an easier install
I've installed a few mirrors in my time from scratch, it's not difficult

I might not have been clear, I want to lose the auto dimming mirror and replace it with a manual day/night mirror with no wires, the old kind of manual rear view mirror, thanks!

I might not have been clear, I want to lose the auto dimming mirror and replace it with a manual day/night mirror with no wires, the old kind of manual rear view mirror, thanks!
Oh, I had it backwards

Yeah, a 2012 doesn't have any type of active safety or anything important in the mirror

Just unplug it, tuck the connector in the headliner, R&R the manual day/night mirror of your choice

then that is very easy. Just remove the automatic mirror and replace it with a manual mirror :)

Back