2012 Ford Fusion Sport Amsoil SS 5W-20 10,070

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here it is folks, 10,070 mile run this time around. Amsoil SS 5W-20 with an Amsoil EaO17 oil filter. Here is the link: http://flic.kr/p/fpDYUT

Code:

OIL Amsoil Signature Series 5W20

MILES IN USE 10,070

MILES 27,053

SAMPLE TAKEN 05/12/13

ALUMINUM 7

CHROMIUM 1

IRON 28

COPPER 32

LEAD 0

TIN 0

MOLYBDENUM 133

NICKEL 1

MANGANESE 6

SILVER 0

TITANIUM 0

POTASSIUM 0

BORON 81

SILICON 16

SODIUM 30

CALCIUM 3314

MAGNESIUM 18

PHOSPHORUS 667

ZINC 754

BARIUM 1

SUS VIS 210ºF 56.7

cSt @ 100ºC 9.27

FLASHPOINT ºF 400

FUEL%
INSOLUBLES 0.3

WATER 0

TBN 2.2

Yup sure did, the two prior oil changes were the same combo if i remember correctly. Idk, i may run it longer and see what happens. Depends on if im in the mood to change the oil or not. if i run it for another 7\8 months, based on the same mileage it will be winter\cold outside. I hate changing oil in the cold, so i might run it a little longer. Either way im sure it will hold up just fine if it follows the same trend.

I do. Don't think the results are that good at all, especially for a top-tier syn at a modest 10k.

Might have missed it, but this a V-6?

Forgive my ignorance, but I thought when the TBN reaches 2.0, it's time for a change.

Is this a DI engine?

Not necessarily. I would keep the OCI intervals on this oil at 10k and test again at 50k on car. My uoa showed 2.9 TBN and was told by 3 oil testers to run another 2-4k miles.

Originally Posted By: Zero
Forgive my ignorance, but I thought when the TBN reaches 2.0, it's time for a change.

Is this a DI engine?

Blackstone TBN limit recommendation is 1.0 based on their analysis method.
Other labs use a different method to measure TBN which gives a slightly higher value and then put a limit of 2.0.

In this case the TBN will probably not change much for many many miles as it is nonlinear decrease.

Originally Posted By: lubedude13
You have to keep in mind that the engine is still breaking in. The same run at 60k would probably look totally different.

This oil was put in at 17K, I could see the iron being at this level, as it tends to be mileage accumulative, but the copper is a bit high IMO. At this mileage my Tacoma showed 3 PPM of copper with Quaker State Green Bottle. Otherwise it looks fine.

The copper has dropped significantly from the last oil change. The last sample had about 6k miles on it and 42ppm copper while this sample had 10k and 32ppm copper. Looks like its going down no? I guess we'll see what happens next oci, i drive the car more aggressively than your typical mpg counting dude. Not sure if that matters.

P.S. I was throwing around the idea of maybe running a 0W-20 oil next time i change it. Winters get pretty cold where i live and i like the idea of better flow at startup.

I use 0w20 in a lot of fords at my shop and I live in nc. 0w20 will be perfectly fine

IMO.....you could use M-1 0w20....and get as good, if not better results, than your current Amsoil fill.

M-1 0w20 is easily found in all WM and other auto stores. is most likely cheaper than Amsoil...just $22.79 at WM for 5 quarts jugs....and is a quality top-tier oil, that can easily do 10K. Just ask tig....

My car didn't like Mobil 0w20 at start up. I'm sure it's good oil AND is cheaper but I like either Kendall 0w20 or amsoil. That's just my opinion. PLUS.....I would rather pay twice the price for amsoil than step foot into Walmart lol

My car didn't like Mobil 0w20 at start up. I'm sure it's good oil AND is cheaper but I like either Kendall 0w20 or amsoil. That's just my opinion. PLUS.....I would rather pay twice the price for amsoil than step foot into Walmart lol

Agree - I'd use Kendall over Mobil 1 any day!

Quote:
I would rather pay twice the price for amsoil than step foot into Walmart lol

Agree!
thumbsup2.gif

Agreed! I hate going in there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back