2006 Chevrolet HHR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take a look at all of the TSB's out already on the HHR....There is a long list. Looks like they have some "Bugs" to get rid of. A worker where I work has already had problems with the steering and some interior plasic falling off...

A long list of TSBs, eh?

Automotive Recall and Technical Service Bulletin Titles for 2006 Chevy Truck HHR L4-2.2L VIN F.

TSB Number & Issue Date TSB Title
03-07-30-007B AUG 05 A/T - Gear Engagement Time
05-06-03-002A JUL 05 Battery/Charging System - Electrical Diagnosis
04-08-48-001B JUN 05 A/C - Broken Rear Window Defogger Grid Detection
00-03-10-006A JUN 05 Tires - Radial Force Variation Information
03-03-10-007A JUN 05 Tires - Cold Tire Flat Spotting Explanation
00-05-22-002F JUN 05 Brakes - Service Guidelines and Procedures
05-07-30-016 JUN 05 A/T - TCM Shorted to Battery Voltage During Repair
01-08-42-001C MAY 05 Exterior Lamps - Condensation Replacement Guidelines

None of these sound like they specifically pertain to the HHR.

In fact...

I just looked up TSBs for the 2004 Chevrolet Malibu and, of all the TSBs listed above, only the "A/T - Gear Engagement Time" and the "A/T - TCM Shorted to Battery Voltage During Repair" aren't also listed for the 2004 Chevrolet Malibu.

You know, I'm starting to understand why Honda likes to keep their TSBs secret. This isn't the first time someone claimed that the amount of TSBs issued for a vehicle has anything to do with reliability, when a simple examination of the TSBs reveals that they are informational and mostly apply to every single vehicle the automaker builds.

NOT EVERY TSB REPRESENTS A PROBLEM. IN FACT THE MAJORITY DO NOT.

I've found quite a bit of useful information which applies to vehicles of every make and model by reading Ford and GM TSBs (which are the ones I have had access to).

Well you dont have the entire list. There are 6 more listed on AllData site...such as problems with the electric steering...lifter noise and a rear hatch latch problem....

Good luck to GM with the HHR. Looks promising and GM needs a boost. However, a toyota V6 getting 31mpg...talk about April fools!

I went to the HHR site and was disappointed to learn it came with drum rear brakes and there was no option for rear discs. So I could spend over 20K dollars and still not get decent brakes. Just like GM assuming we won't notice.

That is not the full list. If you are a PAID Member you will get the complete list...I fyou want something you have to pay for it...

quote:

Originally posted by Ken E.:
I went to the HHR site and was disappointed to learn it came with drum rear brakes and there was no option for rear discs. So I could spend over 20K dollars and still not get decent brakes. Just like GM assuming we won't notice.

While I understand where you are coming from, rear drum brakes make for better pedal feel. My dad's '04 Colorado Z-71 4x4 has rear drum brakes and he said they are by far the best brakes he's ever had. So, just because it's older technology mean it's a bad thing. Saying that the HHR doesn't have decent brakes because it uses drums in the rear is an extreme statement because you have nothing to prove that they are bad brakes. The HHR might not have 4-wheel disc brakes, but that doesn't mean they are bad.

quote:

Originally posted by rszappa1:
Take a look at all of the TSB's out already on the HHR....There is a long list. Looks like they have some "Bugs" to get rid of. A worker where I work has already had problems with the steering and some interior plasic falling off...

HHR has a long way to go before they sell there one millionth like the PT has done...

Let me guess, you are anti-GM? You've come into this thread and only pointed out the negatives. Do you have anything positive to contribute to this thread? It's alright if you hate GM, but just because you don't like them doesn't mean you need to come in here and bash their products.

All vehicles have a list of TSB's. The HHR is no different. I guess I don't understand what you are contributing to this thread??? Are you afraid that the HHR is cutting into the sales of your beloved PT Cruiser?

If you go to the NHTSA Home page you can see them for free in a partiial form...there are currently 29 TSB's on the 2006 HHR....

And actually they are not...the PT sales for 06 are actually increasing...In my opinion they are two different cars...the only common feature is the retro look...

There are also 22 TSBs for the 2004 Malibu Classic, which wasn't a first-year car either (of all of those, in 27,000 miles exactly one has been a problem with the 2004 Malibu Classic that my mom owns). I also notice that the NHTSA is including things which GM never issued as a TSB, and many of them have a year of 1901 on them. (Your tax dollars at work, apparently). Not to mention that NHTSA's bulletin numbers do not match GM's.

EDIT: Alldatadiy.com lists a lot more than 22TSBs for the 2004 Malibu Classic.

mshu7
I don't necessarily mean dangerous. Drum brakes are obsolete. GM is just trying to increase profit by using bygone technology. "Better pedal feel" from disc/drum setups doesn't make sense as a blanket statement since it's purely subjective.

I see what you're saying Ken. I'd prefer to have 4-wheel disc brakes too (easier to work on). But GM is saving money by doing this and hopefully they are passing some of the savings onto the customer.

I really don't see any negatives to the drum brakes other than they are harder to work on vs. disc brakes. It's cheaper and they are known for better pedal feel. That's why when the current Silverado was released it had 4-wheel discs and now they've changed to drums in the rear.

Well, I'm certainly not going to run out and spend the $800 it'd cost to convert my 1988 Mustang GT to rear discs
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back