2006 Chevrolet HHR

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know what you're saying Scott. I just get a kick outta the people that bash GM for doing something and then come to find out, Toyota or Honda does the same thing....like drum brakes.

quote:

Originally posted by ScottB:
Toyota pickups, IMHO, are not the competition for HHRs.
The HHR to me is more of a "salon" vehicle - meant to attract people with it's looks (and utility)
Just as the PTs brakes looked out of place (again, IMHO) I think the HHR would benefit from the 4-wheel discs.

I'm not baggin' on GM or anyone else for using drums in a performance sense, but reality is that they don't look as good, and on that vehicle, I'd want 4-wheel discs.

Scott

I hear what you're saying, too, but the vehicles I listed in my other posting ARE competition for the HHR, especially the Matrix and PT Cruiser, and they all, except in the most expensive models, come with rear drums. I will concede that GM would be wise to offer rear discs standard on the 2LT model and perhaps make them optional on the LS and 1LT. That does not, however, take away from the fact that bashing GM for using drum brakes is irrational.

Gotcha, guys.
Ponder this: GM needs to sell MORE vehicles!
Take this relatively inexpensive upgrade and be BETTER than Toyota, Honda, or whoever!

That's my point. You can't be "me too" to come back.
You gotta grab 'em by the ballz.
smile.gif

Scott

Top 10 coolest new cars selling under $18,000, according to Kelley Blue Book:

Blue Book Value
2007 Toyota Yaris: N/A
2006 Scion xB: $15,524
2007 Dodge Caliber: $15,985
2006 Kia Sportage: $16,134
Chevrolet HHR: $16,472
Ford Fusion: $17,084
2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab: $17,179
2006 Mazda3: $17,860
2006 Honda Civic: $17,860
2006 Scion tC: $17,960

* Sorted by price.

Scott

The newer Toyota Tacoma pickups have rear drum brakes.... does your standard of obsolecense apply to them?

Look what my Mom just bought!

-

I called my Mom Friday night and said the dealer in Hot Springs,Ar had a red HHR. My parents were over there by 9 Saturday morning to buy the HHR.

I haven't driven it yet, but I love Mom's HHR and I'm proud for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back