2002 Tundra; 2UZ-FE; 180K motor; 4.5K oil; Citgo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is one from a while back

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2826173

Oil is 5W-30 Citgo Supergard Semisyn (i think)

Al 2
Cr 0
Fe 4
Pb 13
Sn 1
Moly 35
Ni 1
Mn,Ag,Ti,K 0
Boron 1
Na 118
Ca 2323
Mg 13
P 697
Zn 838
Barium 0
SUS @ 210F 57.8
cSt @100C 9.59
Flash 440F
Fuel < .5%
Glycol ?
H20 0
Insol .2 (L10241 or some such quality filter lol)
TBN 4.3

Quote:

Sodium increased a lot in this sample, but we think that's just due to the change in oil type, not a sign of coolant contamination. The Mobil 1 you were using before didn't have sodium as an additive, but this Citgo oil might; we haven't seen a virgin sample of this type of oil recently, but if you want to send us one, we'll check it for free to compare. Calcium and magnesium changed quite a bit since last time, and those are additives too. Metals are holding pretty steady -- you've still got high lead, but no worse than before -- and the TBN is good at 4.3. Overall, good!

Not sure about Citgo Oil having Na. PQIA doesn't indicate that. I have a bunch of SN purchased over several years, I don't know if I put 'new or old' SN in.

I'm suspecting it must be in the oil, since any glycol probably wouldn't have returned iron #s that low? What say the gallery?

Thanks.

Last edited:
They offered to test a virgin sample, if you have lots of it you might as well take them up on their offer to see if it uses sodium and add it to the database.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back