Ph - 770 _____752
Zc - 1017 _____944
Ba - 0_____ 0

Sus Visc - 56.9_____59.5
Flash - 410_____410
Fuel - Antifreeze - 0_____0
Water - 0_____0
Insol - 0.3_____.04

Comments - Paul, we found very good wear in the first sample from your Mitsubishi engine and it actually improved in this second sample. This is especially good considering the oil was run a little longer. These wear accumulations look perfect and we see nothing here that would show a problem. The oil was normal in viscosity and the TBN read 4.1. This is a strong reading and shows the oil still has plenty of life left. 1.0 or less is a problem. Insolubles were low at 0.4% showing good oil filtration. Everything looks good here. Suggest going to 6000 miles on the next oil.

Mine - As noted this is Havoline Full-Syn. It seems to be doing quite well, and I think I will bump up to a 5000 mile interval. Thank you Advance Auto for pricing this stuff so aggressvely and please do it again!

edit - I am single-handedly improving the universal average for this engine!

[ April 15, 2004, 10:16 PM: Message edited by: tec97 ]

That report looks next to perfect! No need to change a thing except the drain interval.....I would follow Blackstones recommendation and push it to 6k and test. That should give you an idea on how far you can push Havoline Syn in your car.
Good report!

How is this car driven? Does it see a lot of highway driving, or more stop and go city stuff? Does it see a lot of high RPMs? Whatever the case, this report looks absolutely perfect!
worshippy.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Palut:
How is this car driven? Does it see a lot of highway driving, or more stop and go city stuff? Does it see a lot of high RPMs? Whatever the case, this report looks absolutely perfect!
worshippy.gif

This car gets an even mix of highway/city. Few short trips - most trips in this car are at least 10 miles. High RPMS? Nope - this engine just doesn't breathe much over 5500 so revving it doesn't really do much good.

Wow. I've seen a few great Havoline reports....is this stuff the same thing as Chevron Supreme since it is the same company?

quote:

Originally posted by Last_Z:
That report looks next to perfect! No need to change a thing except the drain interval.....I would follow Blackstones recommendation and push it to 6k and test. That should give you an idea on how far you can push Havoline Syn in your car.
Good report!

Well, at this point, I think I'll just extend to 5K mile intervals, sleep soundly, and forego testing for a while. Maybe I'll have a look again when I replace the timing belt!
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back