2001 Honda Accord Amsoil 0w-30 15000 mi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything but Pb looks excellent for mileage run. Change the airfilter.

Check keep the oil topped off more regularly.

What was the soot/insolubles?
Just wondering how well the oil filter did in 15k miles, and what oil filter/PN was used?

Don't be afraid to post 'all' the numbers from the UOA.

Soot/Solids were N/A. Filter was Amsoil EaO. Got tired of typing all of the numbers, need to learn how to copy and paste and get them to line up right.

I am using Mobil 1 EP. I run 3 quarts of 5w-30 and 1 quart of 15w-50. It comes out about a 10w-40 weight. Yes it was a loose connection at the trottle body.

What's odd for me is that the Pb is generally trending "flat" ..like it's a static condition. Sure it has gone +/- a bit ..but within a range. If the intake system was responsible, in the absence of Al and Fe, Ch, etc. ..then it should be entering via the PCV system and entering the crankcase directly.

..but that's why the "trend" confounds me here. I'm pressed to reason why it would be be so consistent. I would expect a major spike of uncontrolled Pb (perhaps in the 100's of ppm) and a decent drop each UOA after that. If this is dirt infiltration via the PCV system, it's almost "metered" and you must have just enough of the right sized stuff encountered on a consistent basis
dunno.gif

Then again, it just may be a static condition that we haven't encountered before. They don't all turn out perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back