2001 Honda Accord Amsoil 0w-30 15000 mi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my latest analysis from OAI. No makeup was added and amsoil filter was used. The Honda has 121000 miles on it now.

08/05 12\05 12/06 09/07
9300 15835 17400 15000
FE 12 11 11 9
Cr 0 1 0 0
Pb 32 39 34 41
Cu 6 9 10 5
Al 4 4 0 4
Si 19 10 21 22
Boron 36 19 27 15
Na 7 2 0 0
Visc 11,2 12.9 14.4 12.3
Nitr 5 31 39 16
Oxid 23 23 24 14
TBN 5.16 3.99 4.11 3.44

Everything but the Pb looks great. Do you use any fuel additives? How do you drive? Was there any K?

It's hard for me to think this is abrasive wear - because your other metals are amazingly low!!!

Good viscosity, good TBN, low oxidation and nitration says the oil is holding up well.

First, congrats on having enough guts to go that long on a drain - I can hardly get past 8,000 miles on my Amsoil...
smile.gif

No make-up oil in 15,000 miles...? Was it even a little low...??
ooo.gif

Quote:

No make-up oil in 15,000 miles...? Was it even a little low...??

I'm at 10,000 miles and I've used 1qt and after checking it today, it's 1/4qt low!
frown.gif
Should have done more WOT heat/cool cycle.

Report is great btw.

My Honda J32 engine never has that much Pb...
OAI is VERY slow to provide analysis result, I mailed my sample on 8/31/07 and has not gotten back the result despite checking daily online. I saw your sample was taken in September 07, did you send overnight via Fedex?

Buster,

My GMC goes 8,000 on the 5w-30 Amsoil ASL and shows on the "Full" mark, so maybe I shouldn't be too surprised.
smile.gif

Has 114,000 miles on it now and still does not use any oil.
cool.gif

It was a little low but less than a quart. I do not remember adding any during the year. The vehicle is driven mostly highway miles. All other values were 0 except for what I believe are the additives. Magnesium,Calcium Phosphorous,and Moly. I sent sample off on 9/4 and got email back today.

Quote:

Buster,

My GMC goes 8,000 on the 5w-30 Amsoil ASL and shows on the "Full" mark, so maybe I shouldn't be too surprised.

Has 114,000 miles on it now and still does not use any oil.

I drive 80-90 mph though 100 miles a day. RPMS are 3k-3.5k. Part of it's that and part of it is I didn't put enough load on the engine from the beginning. IMO.
dunno.gif

Quote:

I sent sample off on 9/4 and got email back today.

Thanks, I now felt Amsoil probably lost my sample because you sent three days after me and I still don't get anything back after 2 and half weeks. I used to read a moronic post posted at BITOG from OAI that users often forget to put lab on the sample bottle but I triple checked that label was indeed applied securely on the sample I sent out.
This is the last time I will use OAI.
rugerman.gif

I have a 2004 Accord 2.4 with manual trans. drive similar to Buster, 80-90mph on highway, mixed with brutal stop and go traffic around baltimore, and then city stop and going driving on way to part time job. I use about 1 quart of oil about 10K miles give or take. I have Neo 5w30 and have used about 2/3 quart in 8 K miles. Car has about 81K miles on it now.

Quote:

Quote:

I sent sample off on 9/4 and got email back today.

Thanks, I now felt Amsoil probably lost my sample because you sent three days after me and I still don't get anything back after 2 and half weeks. I used to read a moronic post posted at BITOG from OAI that users often forget to put lab on the sample bottle but I triple checked that label was indeed applied securely on the sample I sent out.
This is the last time I will use OAI.
rugerman.gif

Did you call them or send them an email? I agree they are slow at times. BUT before you blame OAI, I suggest you do some reading about USPS "losing" oil samples, not accepting oil samples, etc.

I have NEVER heard of OAI losing a sample when it's in their possession. I'm not defending them, because as I stated, by gawd they are slow at times, but the finger may point elsewhere. Also, I make zero on OAI UOA's. I do think they are a might more accurate then Blackstone though.

If I recommend any analysis anymore, it's Terry Dyson.

I run 15,000 also on my Honda Accord. Your silicon looks high. I would check for leaks in the intake system and install a new air filter. I had lead readings like yours and droped to almost nothing after I found a loose connection in the intake track. Mine was not quite as high as yours but around 25ppm. It now runs 3 in 15,000 miles.

re: slow turnaround. I have went 3-4 weeks with USPS/Blackstone. I believe it's usually the pony at fault & not the labs although OAI is not the model for lightning fast service.

Are you saying your lead levels dropped because of an air filtration leak? What kind of oil are you using in your honda?

At 5500 miles on my Series 3000 ive noticed my oil level slightly below the full mark. It was alittle over filled...i do alot of short trips though.

Quote:

re: slow turnaround. I have went 3-4 weeks with USPS/Blackstone. I believe it's usually the pony at fault & not the labs although OAI is not the model for lightning fast service.

Not to highjack this thread but I emailed OAI and it turned out they received my sample and test was completed on 9/14/07 but OAI did not post online or email me.
Thanks everyone but I find it is hard to believe it takes four days (who knows how long had I not email) to post an finished result? If I was this slow at my work, I would be fired the next day...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back