2000 Chevy Metro w/400 Miles

I once owned an older gen1 Metro with the 3 cylinder and 160k miles. Used it to run errands in our town in Pa. You could always find a spot to park and I never left town with it, too tiny. No idea of gas mileage, it was foot down all the time. We called it the clown car.

I'd like to see you in one Nick ;7)

Pre pandemic you could buy a brand new Mitsubishi mirage 5 speed for similar money depending on what it sells for. I'd take the Mistu.

Too bad not enough people bought those small cheap, simple, efficient cars to keep them popular and still available as new today. But maybe the original owner bought it and thought, this car sucks, I could have bought a used late model Accord for the same money and it would be more reliable long term.

Too bad not enough people bought those small cheap, simple, efficient cars to keep them popular and still available as new today. But maybe the original owner bought it and thought, this car sucks, I could have bought a used late model Accord for the same money and it would be more reliable long term.
Mitsubishi Mirages, the modern day equivalent, are everywhere up here. They go surprisingly well in the snow

Mitsubishi Mirages, the modern day equivalent, are everywhere up here. They go surprisingly well in the snow
Strange how certain cars are so popular in certain areas. They don't really exist here. I might see one per month.

But I always scratch my head when seeing AWD cars here as well. Like, why?

I had a neighbor that bought one of those, cat was about 6'3" and 270, but he was single. He used to drive that thing out deer hunting, grocery shopping, bar hopping. He got good service from it.

I just assume they bought the Forester Sport for it's good looks, performance and reliability. :ROFLMAO:
Remember when we got ice/snow for about an hour earlier this year? Yeah, that's why they bought it! Nevermind the bald all season tires on them.

Strange how certain cars are so popular in certain areas. They don't really exist here. I might see one per month.

You can't throw a stone in Rome, NY without hitting a mirage. It's kind of entertaining how many there are. But it's a dead city. No jobs for at least 30 years now. All of the older cars are used up. The only thing people can afford is cheap, new cars. And there's a dealer who knows that.

You can't throw a stone in Rome, NY without hitting a mirage. It's kind of entertaining how many there are. But it's a dead city. No jobs for at least 30 years now. All of the older cars are used up. The only thing people can afford is cheap, new cars. And there's a dealer who knows that.
We seem to have a decent Mitsubishi dealer so there's a few of them around. Up in northern ontario though there seems to be more, lots of the SUV's as they are pretty cheap and good on gas with AWD.

Id never own a vehicle that wasnt awd. Why? I like going vs spinning, I guess...

I owned one back then and was pulled over for speeding on the interstate. It was kind of a funny exchange between the officer and me. He said I was pushing 80. I responded that I was going exactly 78mph, that I had my foot jammed to the floor and the car had reached it's top speed and remained there, all while getting 40mpg. And that if I let off, it took a few miles to regain the speed again. And that on some of the steeper inclines up North, the car would drop down to 35 or 40. He laughed at my honesty and sent me on my way without a ticket.

Mine had a 4 speed manual trans, and for some reason, mine was a bit slower than some others.

I
Here in Phoenix there’s no problem with going.

Unless you’re like my boss with her Hellcat lol.
I guess. Ive never owned a car that couldn't have benefitted from awd. I got a fwd cx5 as a loaner once and it was terrible. Like I said, i prefer stable vehicles that have good traction. If you like some sliding about, that's cool too. More fun probably.

Back