1st time Motorcraft user

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used MC for 10k, had no problems.
thumbsup2.gif

I like Motorcraft. Had an 03 F-150 which only saw MC 5-20. Ran great and looked good coming out. OCI's were around 6K or so. It sat for 6 months while I was on deployment. Started it up, drove it around for a couple weeks til I could get to it and still looked fine. Nice and black. Can't beat wally's 5 quart jug, 1 more quart, and a MC filter for less than $20.

Originally Posted By: daman
Originally Posted By: Superbuick96
I used MC for 10k

Really?? do any UOA's after?

Sorry, that came out wrong. I did approx. 3k oci's in approx 10k....No UOA's. Then switched to M1 because I got tired of having to buy 5w30 in single qts., the 5 qt jug of M1 at WM seemed like the way to go.

I used MC for 10k

Sorry, that came out wrong. I did approx. 3k oci's in approx 10k....No UOA's. Then switched to M1 because I got tired of having to buy 5w30 in single qts., the 5 qt jug of M1 at WM seemed like the way to go.

Ahhh ok wasn't doubting you just curious on how that oil would have held up for that long of OC.

Originally Posted By: oilchangeguy
Just finished the oil change with 6 qts of Motorcraft 5w20. Engine runs quieter than with NAPA Syn!
Funny you should say that because I noticed the same thing on my 08 Mustang GT. It's been on M1 5W20 since new with one run of RP. I've used MC 5W20 for the last 10k miles at 3k OCI and the motor is noticibly quieter at idle. The 4.6's are a little chatty at idle but MC oil really helps. You sure can't beat the price! Oh and flame suit is on over the 3k OCI.
cool.gif
grin2.gif

I was wondering the same. I have a FORD that will tick tick tick sometime when idling. So between the MotorCraft, Pennzoil Platinum, or Mobil1, which would do the best at quieting the tick?

Is it true the 'thicker' oils usually quiet this, or is that not a true statement?

I used MC for 10k

Ahhh ok wasn't doubting you just curious on how that oil would have held up for that long of OC.

There ARE UOA's in that forum for a Honda Accord run for 9-10k on MC 5W-20...it did really well!

I ueed MC during the run-in period for my TrailBlazer (dealer insertion) and I liked it.

MC has a very good set of friction modifiers in it.

Agree with Mola. MC is a very good oil. Ford did some extensive testing with those oils.

Originally Posted By: robl
I was wondering the same. I have a FORD that will tick tick tick sometime when idling. So between the MotorCraft, Pennzoil Platinum, or Mobil1, which would do the best at quieting the tick?

Is it true the 'thicker' oils usually quiet this, or is that not a true statement?

I've read several posts that say thicker oil does just that, but I've also read posts that say it didn't help. So...
21.gif

Originally Posted By: addyguy
I used MC for 10k

There ARE UOA's in that forum for a Honda Accord run for 9-10k on MC 5W-20...it did really well!

not slaming mc at all but but a Honda Accord engine is easy on any oil.

Originally Posted By: robl

I had a tick tick(hydraulic valve compensator) with my 3.0 when hot at idle and tried many different 5w-20&30 m/c 5-20 is the only oil that made the noise go away totally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back