1994 Land Rover Disco 1 motor oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Kamele0N
Does your Corrado cals for API A1/B1 spec?

A VW is a German car and the manufacturer's spec for this engine is VW 502.00. That is roughly equivalent to any ACEA A3 oil. Why do we talk about my car? You had a question, although you know everything there is to know.

hotwheels

Sorry ACEA not API...

Why am I asking that
smile.gif

Because acea A3/B3/B4 oils are only 5w and 10W rated...

Thank you for your cooperation
wink.gif

You might want to look at the back of that M1 0w-40 container next time you're in a store. You'll be surprised.
smile.gif

366182_x800.jpg

Sorry ACEA not API...

Why am I asking that
smile.gif

Thank you for your cooperation
wink.gif

Arrogance doesn't become you when you are wrong. There are plenty 0W-30 and 0W-40 A3 oils:

Mobil M1 0W-40
Castrol Edge 0W-30
Fuchs TITAN SUPERSYN SAE 0W-30
etc

Now get on your kamel and troll someone else.

hotwheels

And you are wrong again. M1 0w-40 (and many other 0w-XX oils) meet VW 502.00 spec. Look again at the image I posted.

The page you linked to has been written by someone not very knowledgeable on the subject. It contains lots of generalizations and incorrect statements. Kind of like your responses in this thread.
smile.gif

Like I said, stick around a little longer, and hopefully you will learn a thing or two.

Ok I am not arogant and I will not deny that I was wrong
smile.gif

But you still got vw 502.00 spec. which calls for 5w/10wXX oils (

http://www.oilspecifications.org/volkswagen.php

Okaym, sweetums, here is proof that 0W-x oils may be VW 502.00 approved:

Mobil 1 0W-40 has the following builder approvals:
MB-Approval 229.3 X
MB-Approval 229.5 X
BMW LONGLIFE OIL 01 X
VW 502 00/505 00 X
PORSCHE A40

Have a lovely day in Slovenia!

hotwheels

Source:
http://www.mobil.com/USA-English/Lubes/PDS/GLXXENPVLMOMobil_1_0W-40.aspx

Dont take this to personal
smile.gif

But vw502&500 spec. are obsolete...old spec. Like your Corrado (unless in usa you are producing something newer under that name in vw Mexico...)

Your car is from the 90's...and I am sure that at that time we were not using 0W oils on this world
smile.gif

That engine was not built for 0w oil (its tolerances etc).

Quote:
But vw502&500 spec. are obsolete...old spec.

The latest iteration of VW 502.00 / 505.00 spec was released in 2010, and it is still a current spec for many VAG engines around the world that are not on variable oil change intervals.

Quote:

And you still don't understand what "0w" means. I give up.

Dont take this to personal
smile.gif

But vw502&500 spec. are obsolete...old spec. Like your Corrado (unless in usa you are producing something newer under that name in vw Mexico...)

Your car is from the 90's...and I am sure that at that time we were not using 0W oils on this world
smile.gif

You are right, my Corrado is a modern classic. They don't make them like that anymore. How's the Slovenian car industry, by the way?

Your logic regarding 0W-40 is faulty and unlogical. Every oil, even a 0W oil is much much thicker when cold than when hot. Cold 0W oil is much thicker than hot 40 oil. So how can the 0W oil ever be too thin? When hot, a 0W-40 oil does not thin out more than does a single weight 40 oil. The bearing and sliding surface clearances (tolerances are about variation regarding precision) have no issues with the viscosity spread of a 0W-40 oil. VW oil specs are updated regularly and backward applicable.

hotwheels

That means that you are wasting your money on oils for modern cars and you are pouring that oil in flinstone's car from the 90's for nothing...

But its your money...do whatever you want

Our Renault powerplant in Slovenia is doing fine...tnx for answering

And other smal enterprises wich are producing parts for other leading EU manufacturers like Audi and VW are doing good to

And we are not talking about thicker 0w in cold...

But about to thin 0w at startup in the summer...for 3 pages now
wink.gif

That means that you are wasting your money on oils for modern cars and you are pouring that oil in flinstone's car from the 90's for nothing...

But its your money...do whatever you want

Since my Corrado has 355,000 miles, that's 571.000 km to you, and since it runs great, I must have been doing something right. And yes, I like to spend my money on things I care for and that I enjoy. That's what money is for, after all.

Let's lighten the mood with a joke:

What color are the police cars in Slovenia?
Both of them are blue.

hotwheels

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Quote:
But vw502&500 spec. are obsolete...old spec.

The latest iteration of VW 502.00 / 505.00 spec was released in 2010, and it is still a current spec for many VAG engines around the world that are not on variable oil change intervals.

Yea...for cars built for russian...chineese...and so markets
wink.gif

Our Renault powerplant in Slovenia is doing fine...tnx for answering

And other smal enterprises wich are producing parts for other leading EU manufacturers like Audi and VW are doing good to

I wasn't asking about Slovenian suppliers to international manufacturers. Do you guys even build your own mofas, or do you have to steal Vespas?

hotwheels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back