128mph In A 45 Zone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinda think if it was Joe Q. Public, the car gets towed, and the bracelets go on.
mad.gif

http://www.policeone.com/bizarre/article...mph-in-45-zone/

I'd like to see the dashcam on that one,just to hear the words coming outta that deputys mouth as a car FLYS by at 128!...Crazy-crazy.

Edit:Of course I dont condone such bad behavior.

Last edited:
a yellow Lexus? Grow some you know whats and get a black Vette. He was quoted as saying "I would like to apologize to my sponsors Kellogs, 3M, Marva Maid, Dupont, Ford, Michelin, Hanes, K&N, AC Delco, Powerade, Garmin, Pringles, Marlboro, Skoal, Panasonic, Coors light, BITOG, Smith and Wesson, tirerack.com, Blackstone labs, and of course Pennzoil."

Originally Posted By: Barkleymut
a yellow Lexus? Grow some you know whats and get a black Vette.

I'm not sure I can find fault in taking a new Lexus LF-A for a spin. Any one of us would have jumped at the chance to do the same.

a yellow Lexus? Grow some you know whats and get a black Vette. He was quoted as saying "I would like to apologize to my sponsors Kellogs, 3M, Marva Maid, Dupont, Ford, Michelin, Hanes, K&N, AC Delco, Powerade, Garmin, Pringles, Marlboro, Skoal, Panasonic, Coors light, BITOG, Smith and Wesson, tirerack.com, Blackstone labs, and of course Pennzoil."

Heck with that. How much publicity did he get. I remember when Evil Kenevil came into detroit on I-75 between 150 and 200 mph just to raise attention of his next gig. Boy has this society changed. Can't even spit on the sidewalk anymore without offending someone. Like the best stock car driver in the world is going to hit someone driving a bit fast. Especially in moonshine country.

Moonshine country, perhaps. However, this was not some dirt road in backwoods of the brushy mountains of Wilkes County.

And I'm sure the memory of former driver Rob Moroso, killing another driver, while speeding in the Mooreville area is still implanted on many residents of the area. And he was only going 75mph.

Originally Posted By: chad8

Heck with that. How much publicity did he get. I remember when Evil Kenevil came into detroit on I-75 between 150 and 200 mph just to raise attention of his next gig. Boy has this society changed. Can't even spit on the sidewalk anymore without offending someone. Like the best stock car driver in the world is going to hit someone driving a bit fast. Especially in moonshine country.

Even the best stock car driver in the world is not immune to accidents.

I think he deserves a suspension from the next race myself. I know if it was me that did this, my wife would have to bail me out of jail for reckless driving....

Like the best stock car driver in the world is going to hit someone driving a bit fast. Especially in moonshine country.

Yea...there is never the chance that a car could pull out in front of him,or a kid could run out in the road.

Kyle Busch is a donkey.

There is a place for that to do it safely, it is called your local track. He's a professional so he should know better than doing this on public road shared with other non professional race car driver.

a yellow Lexus? Grow some you know whats and get a black Vette.

He is already a Nascar driver, so what's another bit of yellow Lexus? Probably get more you know whats than you know who will ever have.

I remember when Evil Kenevil came into detroit on I-75 between 150 and 200 mph just to raise attention of his next gig. Boy has this society changed. Can't even spit on the sidewalk anymore without offending someone. Like the best stock car driver in the world is going to hit someone driving a bit fast. Especially in moonshine country.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayrton_Senna

The best race car driver died in a collision in a close course. I'd imagine a stock car driver can easily kill himself and a few others on a public road.

Thank god no one is driving 150-200mph nowadays anymore and no one is spitting on the sidewalk next to me.

I still like the Swedes proportional fines with income scheme, a $200k+ fine would probably help Mr. Busch remember to keep the racing on the track...
Dany Heatley killed his buddy and nearly himself only doing 80mph in a 35 zone in his Ferrari.

Some cars and certainly bikes can get up to nutsy speeds VERY quickly. And brakes are very good, now.
Not to say it's right, but there is a big safety difference from when cars needed a mile and a half to get up to 100.

Originally Posted By: PandaBear

The best race car driver died in a collision in a close course. I'd imagine a stock car driver can easily kill himself and a few others on a public road.

Thank god no one is driving 150-200mph nowadays anymore and no one is spitting on the sidewalk next to me.

Reminds me of Jungle Jim Liberman.

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
I still like the Swedes proportional fines with income scheme, a $200k+ fine would probably help Mr. Busch remember to keep the racing on the track...
Dany Heatley killed his buddy and nearly himself only doing 80mph in a 35 zone in his Ferrari.

I prefer what our system would hand down: driver's license confiscated, and ride in the back seat of a cruiser to be photographed, finger printed, and locked up until your bail hearing before the magistrate on the multiple charges (including criminal charges) such a 'stunt' would warrant.

Those incapable of exercising minimal common sense on the road and whose actions pose such a danger to others they share it with do not deserve the privilege a driver's license confers. At least a day in the can and proper criminal treatment for criminal level disregard is much more fitting.

-Spyder

My usual response to an action like this is that the city or state should build more racetracks because kids need a place to experiment. For a country build around the automobile we sure treat it like dirt. Shoddy roads, check. Expensive gas Check. Too few racetracks CHECK CHECK Nowhere to let it loose for a bit.

But this is a old guy who rides the track everyday. Like his response though. I got a little carried away he says. Kind of non-chalant like. He could have at least taken it to the interstate. Thats where I take out my speed demon since my state has no road courses and refuses to build any.

A road course would probably cut down on speeding by people of all ages. It would also make you safer on the road in all conditions by implanting skill. It would be an outlet for aggression. It would allow one to continue education and learn new things and all the while be enjoying the extreme fun it provides.

But apparently if you're on the track all day you gotta feel the need to open it up publicly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back