12,335 miles between synthetic oil changes! Never again!

My Kubota diesel tractor turns the oil dark after 25 hours, but the oil change interval is every 200 hours. Tractor burns no oil between changes and I have owned it for 20 years.

In GDI or turbo motors or diesel motors oil turns black very, very quickly. .

However... In a stock port injection motor oil does not do that in average. I have owned several of them.

If a oil in a stock port injection motor were to do that... something would be a good bit odd with that. And an unexpected finding.

I know what color new oil is when I pour it in. That tells me that the old oil had a ton of impurities suspended in it, which is one of the reasons why you change motor oil. The motor oil itself might still be OK, but why keep particulates circulating around your engine for so long? I'm not working extra to pay for another engine or another car!
YUP. I had Quick Lube change mine as I used to do at times. (bring my own oil and filter) That time for some reason the oil looked dark right away on dip stick and under the oil cap. Pissed me off cause I started to think "did that tech pour my new clean oil in his generic "dirty" plastic measure bottle (as I see them do sometimes) or did he use a nasty funnel? or did he not wait to drain all the old out etc..." It bothered me so much I paid my nephew a few days later to do it again! That was money down the drain so I change oil at home all the time now. Well , nephew does since I can't anymore. We get to visit, talk sports , autos and life and I make him take some cash for helping his UncleSam.

Back