10 Years Of BITOG

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember PScholte, Bill in Utah and green Castrol 0w30. Searching the auto parts shelves for the elusive GC was a part time thing for me.
Those were the days...
I’m an old man now, I just fill ‘em up with SP oil in the correct weight and roll 5,000. Rinse and repeat. Still love being here though.

Chevron Supreme was a darling. Group 2+, it was "practically synthetic." $1.06 any day at walmart. Bill in Utah got it for $.49/qt after rebate from CSK. He bragged about going 55 mph in his corolla and getting amazing mileage.

Moribundman was the grammar cop.

I appreciate the usernames that still reference early 1990s cars. :)

Hate the new smilies. Many members seem to have changed their names with the new board. Information seems more scrambled, too.

Chevron Supreme was a darling. Group 2+, it was "practically synthetic." $1.06 any day at walmart. Bill in Utah got it for $.49/qt after rebate from CSK. He bragged about going 55 mph in his corolla and getting amazing mileage.

Moribundman was the grammar cop.

I appreciate the usernames that still reference early 1990s cars. :)

Hate the new smilies. Many members seem to have changed their names with the new board. Information seems more scrambled, too.
Yeah same here,I hate the new smilies. The old animated ones were so much cooler!!

Then there was red cap M1 15W50,which went away, and left us with M1 Extended Performance 15W50,and then THAT went away, then came along silver cap M1 15W50.

Schaeffers came and went
Lubecontrol came and went
Auto-rx came and went
MMO in fuel came and went
TCW3 in fuel came and went
GC came and went
straight oils came and went
HDEOs came and went
thin came and went
thick came and went
G-05 came and went

and on and on.

some are still darlings, others not so much...
TCW3 is still good in diesel. One oz per gallon.

I started lurking about 20 years ago and joined about 18 years ago. There was a database blow-up just after I joined and since I had LAMP server experience, I sent an email to 'admin' offering help.

The rest is history... strange how things happen
I would help with the forum but you don't have an IBM mainframe. I only do mainframes.

I just passed the one year mark last month. Glad to be here to share my knowledge and learn what I can. Sometimes I’m so busy I don’t visit as much as I used too but I still keep up with things around here. I might have a record though over 7,600 messages in one year and one month a five days (I think I done the math right) lol. Didn’t mean for it to happen that way I just enjoy posting and talking to other members and sometimes that involves multiple posts. I’ve tried to tone down the number of posts so I don’t go crazy. So I look forward to many more years of enjoyment.

I remember how I found this place about 4 years ago. I was googling BMW F30 Redline. It was the variety of subforums that made me sign up.

Joined in 1999. Somewhere along the line during one of the upgrades, everyone who signed up before 2002 got their dates moved to 2002. I don’t think anyone shows older than that. This is the longest I’ve ever been a member on a website.

Schaeffers came and went
Lubecontrol came and went
Auto-rx came and went
MMO in fuel came and went
TCW3 in fuel came and went
GC came and went
straight oils came and went
HDEOs came and went
thin came and went
thick came and went
G-05 came and went

and on and on.

some are still darlings, others not so much...
You forgot Fuel Power-- $25 for a gallon jug of this yellow oily stuff that was supposed to be the cat's meow for your injectors, valves, whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back