1 Million Ram 1500 Pickups Could Have Faulty Power Steering Units

Shel_B

Site Donor 2023
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) is investigating 380 reports that claim that 2013 to 2016 model-year Ram 1500 pick-up trucks are suffering an intermittent or complete loss of power steering. Only three of the reports submitted to the federal agency involved crashes. A recall could affect 1.1 million Stellantis-built pickups.

I don't have a Dodge Ram truck. 380/1100000 = .00003.4545. My math might be faulty but anyhow it is a very de minimus number. Perfect example to show how we are taught to process risk. NHTSA relies on this proclivity to justify its (nanny state) existence.

If anybody has a RAM truck, don't worry, roll on.

1691529726298.png

Last edited:
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) is investigating 380 reports that claim that 2013 to 2016 model-year Ram 1500 pick-up trucks are suffering an intermittent or complete loss of power steering. Only three of the reports submitted to the federal agency involved crashes. A recall could affect 1.1 million Stellantis-built pickups.

Oops. Seems like an inverse of Six Sigma quality… but they’ve only got 3.4 working units per million opportunities 🤣😱

Hilarious because JL's have similar symptoms despite a different system.

They finally ditched the aluminum steering gear but that wasn't even stated as being for the p/s dropping out

rams have had steering issues for years, they had a recall years ago for fault steering components.

I don't have a Dodge Ram truck. 380/1100000 = .00003.4545. My math might be faulty but anyhow it is a very de minimus number. Perfect example to show how we are taught to process risk. NHTSA relies on this proclivity to justify its (nanny state) existence.

If anybody has a RAM truck, don't worry, roll on.

View attachment 171621
I agree, it's like 1 o-ring on an entire rocket.

very dark, but very accurate humor.
I get it also but if there were to be zero risk there would be no space exploration as risk would be unavoidable. Reagan paraphrased from John Gillespie's 'High Flight' when he said; (they) "'slipped the surly bonds of earth to touch the face of God."

So the logical syllogysm operating with the defective Ram truck steering gear goes like this:

Travelling by car has inherent risks
Any and all risk is to be avoided
NTHSA exists to mitigate risk
No method to eliminate all risk relating to cars is possible
Public transportation has lower risk
Once maximum risk is eliminated from cars, NHTSA mandates public transportation

Therefore no car travel and the cycle starts over

In case anybody thinks there is no ulterior motive to this process read about 'Sustainable Transportation'

today you can get filthy rich by being dissident, tomorrow you will be simply squashed. like cockroaches.

Back