1 1/2 Ton Floor Jack

You should be able to google what your vehicles weigh, per axle. Probably won't lift the front of the f150 though.

Stay away from that jack and those stands. That jack and jack stands is sized for a car doing minor work, not a full size truck. They aren't high enough. The max height on those jack stand is 15-5/8". The suspension will give and you'll never get wheels off with that small junk.

EDIT: I removed unrelated info regarding buying a used truck right now.

Last edited:
Should lift a corner; I used the venerable HF 1.5 ton “racing” jack to lift one corner of my Tundra. It’s doable. But if I were to buy a jack I’d go bigger right out of the gate.

that jack stand looks too small. Need a bigger base.

that’s the same as the harbor freight jack you can get for $79.99

i have one i abuse constantly and return with the warranty. i only use it for cars that are pretty low to the ground though

I have this jack which is awesome as it very low and has a long arm/reach. So it will get under low cars to the cross member and the long arm is also high enough to lift trucks, too.

I have several jack stand depending on my needs. I have 4, 6 ton jack stands I used to lift a VW GTI high as possible to do a clutch job.
Even with those tall stands, I had to finesse the transmission out placed on a trans jack. I also have 4, 3 ton stands for minor work like brake jobs.
For a full size truck, I would want the taller 6 ton jack stands.

maxresdefault.jpg

Wow, Thank you all for the replies. I am very glad I asked the members of this forum. I will look into skyactiv's recommendation on the Daytona's 3 ton floor jack. Father's Day is just around the corner and possibly there is a sale. If not, 4th of July is just days away. If it's still not on sale, then I'll buy the Daytona at regular price. skyactiv, I will purchase the 6 ton jack stand later after I acquired a used F150. I have an old 3 ton stands & 3 scissor jacks that will act as supports for the lift. Thanks again, Folks ;)(y)

Last edited:
I have the HF 3 Ton yellow Daytona. That Jack is awesome. Check the different models some of them have a one inch max lift difference.

They may not have many coupons these days. I think I got mine for 179 before taxes.

One of the things that HF sells that I really like and own is their 1.5 ton aluminum jack. So light and convenient…

it will jack up a corner of my Ram 2500. It lifted the rear by the diff. In some cases it couldn’t get to max height, but it was enough for wheel removal.

I can’t see your signature on my phone, but it’s a data point. I use that jack on everything. Might even try a bigger version!

I have the 1.5 and 3 ton low profile from HF. If you have a garage just get any 3 ton. Lifting my equinox the 1.5 didn't feel great, it felt strained and took a decent amount of effort. The 3 ton steel jack feels like nothing. For my kia the 1.5 was fine. I live in apartment so I keep the 1.5 in storage and the 3 ton at my parents. The nice thing about the 1.5t is it was the only jack at HF that could hit my front cross member on my 2019 miata. It's very low profile with the entire jack sliding under the car. I measured all the jacks at the store none would fit.

Last edited:
One of the things that HF sells that I really like and own is their 1.5 ton aluminum jack. So light and convenient…

it will jack up a corner of my Ram 2500. It lifted the rear by the diff. In some cases it couldn’t get to max height, but it was enough for wheel removal.

I can’t see your signature on my phone, but it’s a data point. I use that jack on everything. Might even try a bigger version!

I have two 3-Ton Aluminum Pittsburgh service jacks, They're better than most USA jacks made today (In my opinion)

go to any shop floor and and you’ll see the green daytonas everywhere. cheap and easy to warranty

the pittsburgh 22 ton air jack is a nice piece for the price if you’re working with big stuff. i put a couple through hell

Last edited:
Back