Floor jack price comparison from 2019 to 2021 at Northern Tool

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
Purchased this Arcan 3/12 ton low profile floor jack at Northern Tool for $99 on-sale in NOV 2019. Regular price was $179 in NOV 2019. PRICE INCLUDED FREE SHIPPING, out the door with tax to my doorstep was $107.49.

Took a look at the exact jack today at Northern Tool earlier this morning. Now priced at $249, is on sale for $199. Shipping $70.80. With tax and shipped, about $300, on sale. Wow what a difference 23 months can make on a exact item.

Order Summary (from NOV 2019)
Item Description Availability Estimate Qty Price
Arcan 3 1/2-Ton Low-Profile Professional Service Floor Jack Model# XL35B Arcan 3 1/2-Ton Low-Profile Professional Service Floor Jack Model# XL35B
Item# 144236 In Stock Online
Tue, Dec 3 - Thu, Dec 5 1 Reg. $179.99
$99.99

I used the jack yesterday, works well- but is heavy.....
PXL_20211113_190942913.jpg

I think when it comes to floor jacks, it's pretty hard, if not impossible to beat the Harbor Freight line up of Daytona Model floor jacks. They go all the way up to 4 tons. All have excellent reviews. And Harbor Freight is just about everywhere.

The FED tells us this is transitory inflation caused by supply chain issues you wouldn't understand...don't worry, it will come down in time...:rolleyes:

The problem here is that inflation will come down but not the prices. They will just go up at a slower rate. You have to read between the lines.

I think when it comes to floor jacks, it's pretty hard, if not impossible to beat the Harbor Freight line up of Daytona Model floor jacks. They go all the way up to 4 tons. All have excellent reviews. And Harbor Freight is just about everywhere.
HF jacks rose a lot in price too, their yellow Daytona 3T is now $270 (-$27 w/current BF 10% off coupon that ends today) though I think GON got quite a deal on the Arcan to get it for $100 delivered.

Home Depot has their 3-1/2 ton Husky low profile on Special Buy for $179 right now, free shipping.

Closest HF gets to $179 is their 3T with 2" shorter lift height and only 90 day warranty.

I remember a couple years ago, you could get this one for about $80 with a coupon and $7 shipping... I was thinking they aren't even making money on that, shipping must cost half that.

Last edited:
IMO a lot of suppliers are raising prices because they can. I expect to see financial reports next year reporting record profits in last quarter of 2021.

The lumber shortage earlier this year was very profitable for the lumber industry, with many suppliers reporting record breaking profits despite a lack of product.

Last edited:
Back