0w20 for honda hybrid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Past BITOG speculation confidently presumed ExxonMobil to be Honda's U.S. factory-fill supplier, but recent information on "Lube Report" indicates that's not the case at all. Nippon Oil is/has been supplying Hyundai, Honda, and Toyota factories for some time, including those in the U.S. and the company just broke ground to build its own blending plant in the U.S. near Birmingham, AL (Currently the company has its factory-fill lubricants for Asian car manufacturers building vehicles in the U.S. custom blended by third parties.) Nippon Oil also plans to market its lubrication products in the U.S. at the retail level under the "Eneos" brand that it uses in Japan and elsewhere.

Perhaps penzoil platinum 0w-20 will be you're saving grace, that is if it finds its way in Canadian stores. I still wish M1's version was still around.

Synergyn 0w-20, about $9-$10/qt.

Pennzoil Platinum 0w-20 should be coming out soon.

Mike

Thanks for the replyies. Honda Canada uses or used to use PetroCanada as it's oil supplier. I haven't seen or heard of any PC 0w20 products yet.
My parents live in VA...they love the hybrid. Averages 40 mpg in the city and 48 highway (as per my dad). They traded in a 2002 Pilot for it.

Wonder if the 0W30 would be ok in a regular Honda/Acura
engine. One would think it would be better.
Craig

Craig, I use Maxima's Maxum 4 Ultra 0w30 in my CR-V, and its doing just fine. Doesn't use a drop, sounds real quiet and smooth, and mileage is exactly where I wanted it to be.

I would, however, stick with the 0w20 in the hybrid engines, mostly for the rapid circulation due to the "thinness", as these engines start and stop at will and power demands put on the vehicle by the driver. I'm actually hoping that Honda comes out with a CR-V hybrid, as my family loves this car.

Along with the Synergyn mentioned, Torco also makes a 0w20 in their SR-5 racing line, and is on par with pricing as well (and its BLUE!!!).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back