08 Vibe 1.8L 4200 miles ,11 months on castrol edge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I changed my oil/filter approx 11 months ago with castrol edge and a pureone filter. I have only put 4200 miles on the car in the last year. about 60 city 40 highway ,,would you suggest changing it out or leaving it in longer?? it's 5w-30

It is still fine in there, but I'd change it out just before Winter sets in.

Originally Posted By: tpitcher
It is still fine in there, but I'd change it out just before Winter sets in.

I second the change before winter recommendation. 11 months and 4k miles outta the oil is pretty good to me.

Where I live, I wouldn't want to take an oil through two summers or two winters. Then again, 4200 miles is about two months' worth of driving for me.

doesnt the vibe use one of the toyota engines that were known to have hot spots and be harder on oil?

or was that only certain years?

I wouldnt be concerned one bit. Ive got the exact senario right now! Im two weeks away from have the same Pennzoil Ultra in my del sol for an entire year! And it has barely over 4k on it. Will I take through another winter? You bet! Im going to get my 26 dollars worth out of this jug. I do the samething with my Toyota as well. Its hard to justify oil changes with so few miles on the cars a year.

Last edited:
yeah im coming on 5,000mi on Amsoil 0w20 that i put in early feb on the 04 civic. 90% city driven. i get the itch to wanna change it already but i remind myself how i wanna get every last bit of this oil and challenge myself to make it to a year without touching it for once.

i wanna see that oil BLACK lol

yeah maybe right before it get's really cold around here in Dec. i will change it..thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back