'07 Elantra: 11K: What additives to run, when?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd also be interested to know about using auto-rx during break in, and at what dosage. I currently have an 09' Honda Civic with 600 miles on it.

Originally Posted By: will77
I'd also be interested to know about using auto-rx during break in, and at what dosage. I currently have an 09' Honda Civic with 600 miles on it.

What I was told was to use 4oz maintenance dose, right from the man himself. I started it with the first OC.

HTH,
Frank D

Last edited:
I'd run an Auto-RX maintenance dose, use quality gas and call it a day.

It's what's happening with my cream-puff Buick, which runs like a top.

I see no negative side to running ARX directly after the initial 500 mile dump during break in. I see evidence that break in may be much better with ARX. There is a test on a Harley V-Twin over at ARX, where a motor did not break in properly, likely due to a break in involving a lot of low rpm cruising in the city type drive mode. The application of ARX in this motor gave the unit a new lease on life. Poor compression was reversed. The application started at about the 11,000 mile mark and the results were astounding to me. The motor went from dismal compression in each cyclinder to optimal during the cleaning phase of the application.

I believe that running a full blown cleaning and rinse very early on in the motor break in period is a good thing. With all the ring to wall scuffing occuring to seat the rings and the heat generated frying the location oil, it is highly likely that contaminants biuld up between the rings during break in. There is also a likelyhood of excessive blow by gases occuring until the rings fully seat as well. So why not dissolve this junk out of the system from the get go.

Tom Jones76, it is never too early for cleaning out deposits that might be harmfull right away. Besides, if they are well deposited within the ring packs in particular, these deposits are only likely to grow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back