Would there be any oil additives that would turn a regular oil into a high mileage oil for seal treatment?

Hi,

I've been wanting to use a 5W-30 HTHS = 3.5 Euro oil for my vehicles.
I can't seem to find any that are also classified as High Mileage oils.
My older vehicles benefit from seal treatment of high mileage oils to prevent oil leaks.

So I was thinking to instead use the 5W-30 HTHS = 3.5 Euro oil, and add a seal treatment additive.
But I don't want to use some super aggressive additive like Stop Leak, etc, as my vehicles don't currently have oil leaks.
But just want an additive that could be added to regular non high mileage oil that would turn it into high mileage oil
just to keep oil seals healthy as a preventative measure.

Would anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Bill

@High Performance Lubricants uses considerable AN and ester content in their oils, which provide a great deal of seal conditioning, that's probably your best option if you are looking for a fully formulated product.
Thanks for recommending the HPL high ester oil. I'll take a look.

Previously, I was thinking about a high Esther oil like Redline, but decided against it due to the fact that 1 of my vehicles is driven infrequently and just for short trips, and I read the Esthers may not be ideal for that use case.

atp 205 definetly works. But why not use something like a full syn hm oil off the shelf. Nothing wrong with them. You can get M1 full syn HM 10w-40 which is pretty good. May not be "euro" but it's got plenty of hths especially for a 10w-40 which i remember the pds saying was 3.9. The base mobil 1 uses is very good.

@hrv - Thanks - I read the reviews of ATP 205 on amazon. Very good reviews.
I have 2006/2007 Honda Odyssey minivans that are not leaking oil, but due to their age, I wanted to do preventative seal treatment using a 5W-30 high mileage oil, but at the same time, wanted to begin using an a non Hile Mileage Euro 5W-30 oil with HTHS = 3.5 (Ex: Mobil 1 ESP 5W-30) and then just add an additive like ATP 205 to the oil to get the seal treatment.

Would anyone know if ATP 205 can be used on a car with no leaks, just as a preventative measure to keep seals healthy?

Also, should it be used only once, or with every oil change, or once a year?

@hrv - Thanks - I read the reviews of ATP 205 on amazon. Very good reviews.
I have 2006/2007 Honda Odyssey minivans that are not leaking oil, but due to their age, I wanted to do preventative seal treatment using a 5W-30 high mileage oil, but at the same time, wanted to begin using an a non Hile Mileage Euro 5W-30 oil with HTHS = 3.5 (Ex: Mobil 1 ESP 5W-30) and then just add an additive like ATP 205 to the oil to get the seal treatment.

Would anyone know if ATP 205 can be used on a car with no leaks, just as a preventative measure to keep seals healthy?

Also, should it be used only once, or with every oil change, or once a year?
The only things that leak on those are the oil pump o-ring and the rear main seal. Instead of dosing the engine oil with additives, I would fix the leaks if/when they appear.

The only things that leak on those are the oil pump o-ring and the rear main seal. Instead of dosing the engine oil with additives, I would fix the leaks if/when they appear.
Agreed.

And I can’t imagine adulterating an oil like M1 ESP with an additive like this. But maybe that’s just me.

Project Farm did a video recently on youtube that you might find useful.

No, you shouldn't, but once you get a leak that you're trying to stop, you'll have to use an additive with every oil change to continue swelling the seals, more than the oil alone might have been doing.

If you don't presently have any leaks, using any sort of seal swell additive is a bad move. You want to continue to condition the seals and keep them pliable, not swell them. This prevents the leaks in the first place. Keeping the seals healthy to avoid leaks/put off leaks, is a different process from intentionally swelling seals to try and stop a leak.

You can use Liquimoly Motor Oil Saver. Talk to Stefan or Vinny. it was actually made as a prophylactic and it would be fine. Only use every 30,000 miles not sooner. The EC30 from @High Performance Lubricants is another one, with it being essentially a quart of oil too and it has some ester in it so it will do a good job too. Probably not as well but not harmful would be the Lubegard Biotech and they also have a Seal additive but I wouldn't go that route unless leaking.

Reactions: wlk
If you don't presently have any leaks, using any sort of seal swell additive is a bad move. You want to continue to condition the seals and keep them pliable, not swell them. This prevents the leaks in the first place. Keeping the seals healthy to avoid leaks/put off leaks, is a different process from intentionally swelling seals to try and stop a leak.
I might add that using a lubricant that's up to the job as well as not over working a commodity oil is the best to keep varnish and dirt or sludge left behind on the gaskets and seals in first place.

I will used liquid moly motor oil saver or used lubegard biotech . Or high ester oil like redline .

Back