05 Porsche Boxster 2.7 - first UOA, M1 0W-40, 5,000 miles / 11 months

Mostly interested in the metal wear (due to the infamous IMS and/or bore scoring). Added some LiquiMoly MoS2 hence the "higher" Moly content than usual / VoA...not sure why magenium is through the roof though (MoS2???)

Oil Analysis w VoA.jpg

The VOA is of no use since it's an older formula. The MoS2 seems to have done a good job. (at making your wallet lighter) I would rerun the KV100 as that's a good bit of shear from an oil that only sheared 6% in a more abusive KRL, especially since they only show a trace of fuel. (which you have to take with a grain of salt since Blackstone doesn't have GC to accurately determine fuel dilution)

Thanks for all your inout....maybe I can try to fund more recent one. Just remembered putting in a bottle of techron a few hundred miles before the oil change...not sure that causee magnesium to skyrocket

Thanks for all your inout....maybe I can try to fund more recent one. Just remembered putting in a bottle of techron a few hundred miles before the oil change...not sure that causee magnesium to skyrocket
The Euro 0w-40 has a good chunk of Magnesium so I don't see anything out of the ordinary.

Mostly interested in the metal wear (due to the infamous IMS and/or bore scoring). Added some LiquiMoly MoS2 hence the "higher" Moly content than usual / VoA...not sure why magenium is through the roof though (MoS2???)

View attachment 219665
It looks like the VOA numbers in red are from the API SN formulation while the numbers from the used oil are from the API SP formulation. See my VOA Database:

It looks like the VOA numbers in red are from the API SN formulation while the numbers from the used oil are from the API SP formulation. See my VOA Database:
I am an idiot...I forgot to look at this sheet which is have looked in the past. Thanks for the heads up

What was the previous oil in the car to this one?
Sorry for the late reply. I have no idea as I bought the car about 14 months ago and changed the oil only after a few months (plus they overfilled) - the oil actually looked really good / clean (visually) when I drained.

Hey I just got my first analysis and have the same high Magnesium number. I inquired and they responded that it’s just part of the additive “package” and that it’s completely normal.

IMG_0756.jpeg

Back