02 Altima w/M1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been running it since the my first oil change but being on here reading that maybe its not the best choice,Castrol Syntec might be better. Way?

Well its Castrol 0W-30 It must say "Made in Gemany" on the back. It only comes in the )W variety. Its a very good oil.

There is no 'best' choice. There are some really good choices out there, M1 is one of them. If you like it, continue to use it with confidence.

cheers.gif

Do have the 2.5L or 3.5L? I've used GC and I'm now running M1 5w30 in my 2.5L. My engine has less noise at cold startup with the M1.

shokhead, the VQ series engines (yours is a VQ35DE IIRC) seem to turn in very good UOAs with thick 30-weight or thin 40-weight oils. Which grade of M1 have you been running?

My top two choices for the VQ engines are green German Castrol (GC) and M1 0W-40. (I haven't seen enough UOAs on the new gold GC to decide whether it's as good as the old green formula or not.)

Having said that, I'm currently running Shell Rotella T 5W-40 in my VQ because I'm wrapping up an Auto-Rx treatment. Once that's done I'll start dipping into my stash of green GC. I have enough to last for about five years' worth of OCIs.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back