0-40w/5-40w 2019 WRX

I thought I saw this somewhere so essentially phos levels are irrelevant with a higher zddp for lspi if I’m reading that correct. Where does calcium play into that?
Calcium instigates LSPI, this is why we see lower levels of calcium in the API SP oils, including M1 0W-40.

Calcium instigates LSPI, this is why we see lower levels of calcium in the API SP oils, including M1 0W-40.
Right but if you had high zddp would it quench it? Wouldnt a low cal, high zddp be the best for lspi? They all seem on the lower side I guess to stay in phos limits Also isn’t it mostly driving conditions anyway? Low load high demand

Right but if you had high zddp would it quench it? Wouldnt a low cal, high zddp be the best for lspi? They all seem on the lower side I guess to stay in phos limits Also isn’t it mostly driving conditions anyway? Low load high demand
I mean, if you are already at zero LSPI events, adding more ZDDP isn't going to improve that further. That said, there are other advantages to higher levels of phosphorous, such as AW performance.

Back