Pennzoil Availability....alternatives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by BTLew81
Very frustrating....pennzoil plat 5w30 and plat in general has really spotty availability near me (Walmart). They have no 5w30 right now, and very little 0w20.

For the car in my signature, I was hoping to use the 5w30, as it is a thin 30, and I figured it would be a nice bump over the suggested 0w20 for my vehicle.

That being said, what would be an easy to get "light 30" that I can grab at wal mart? Thanks in advance.

Give ordering it off the Walmart website a chance. The local Wally's in my area don't stock Pennzoil Ultra Platinum at all. I order it from there.
The ordering method isn't perfect. Wallys is often sold out, even online for PUP.

I can't even find it on Walmart.com. Am I an idiot? Lol

[Linked Image]

Really, at that price and it not being sold out, please do order it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by DZcreet
I can't even find it on Walmart.com. Am I an idiot? Lol

[Linked Image]

Really, at that price and it not being sold out, please do order it.

Last week I picked up the same oil in the HM version in Walmart for $22.68 and I've should have my $10 rebate per Jug around December 12th.

Last edited:
It is hard to believe but true. Lol. I may give the Valvoline a try. Lots of good UOAs on that.

As far as the smart comment about opening my front door...why? I can't find the oil. I'd rather not have it shipped. I should be able to go in and buy oil at my local store. Ok?

The intent of the 'smart' comment is as follows:

You have been a member here for 12 years.
You've posted almost 1500 times.

-The product is readily available through several different sources. You know this.

-Several completely reasonable alternatives are available though several different sources. You know this also.

-If one supplier happens to be out of stock, either in-store or online, be patient and it will appear in a reasonably short period of time. You know this too.

Given that you know all these things, you still come here, get tons of well meaning people to reach out and offer their assistance and the response seems to be you just asking to be given more fish instead of learning to fish on your own.

Maybe people here assume that you're able to problem solve in a way that you don't give yourself credit for.

Thanks for the help. I'm not asking anyone to fish for me and really could do without the condescending post.

Life is too short to be so snarky Imp. Far better to just move on and not lecture people. No question is a stupid question, right? Arguably this entire forum is for people who overthink these questions but that is why its helpful to me.

I think you are correct in trying to find a SN+ DexosG2. Thats what I am doing with my accord 2.0T too. I used the PP and wouldn't use PUP either for that reason. I think the valvoline or QS would be good alternatives. I debated the valvoline and PP at Walmart the last time I looked and went with PP because I knew it better. I appreciate the discussion because I am having the same questions although I have stuck with 0w20 so far.

OP there are alternatives to Wal-Mart like I said earlier Google is your friend and contact a local distributor. Call Shell's technical helpdesk and voice your concerns about PUP you maybe surprised by the answer you receive. Another option is to contact a Pennzoil representative on this board there is a lot more alternatives.

Originally Posted by dave1251
OP there are alternatives to Wal-Mart like I said earlier Google is your friend and contact a local distributor. Call Shell's technical helpdesk and voice your concerns about PUP you maybe surprised by the answer you receive. Another option is to contact a Pennzoil representative on this board there is a lot more alternatives.

This. I haven't bought oil at Walmart since right when I got my G37, on the Pennzoil sale. If you want a product, sometimes the distributor is the best place to go. Look at it this way, Pennzoil Ultra Platinum is a premium product, and Walmart usually isn't my first choice when looking for a premium product.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Garak
Originally Posted by dave1251

This. I haven't bought oil at Walmart since right when I got my G37, on the Pennzoil sale. If you want a product, sometimes the distributor is the best place to go. Look at it this way, Pennzoil Ultra Platinum is a premium product, and Walmart usually isn't my first choice when looking for a premium product.
wink.gif

I have 6 jugs of PUP. I don't start looking for it two weeks ahead of my OIC. I plan ahead and especially watch at times of rebate availability. It isn't like you need a Jug every three months. I bought two Jugs about three weeks ago and I'm waiting on the rebate.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back