0w20 in my Ford Fusions, should I switch to 5w30 and run all my others vehicles on one oil? Expert advice needed please

Would love some advice on this and maybe some guidance. I didn't realize I was doing anything controversial until reading this forum but here it goes:

Daily driver: 2013 Fusion Plugin Hybrid...240,000 mi... Walmart 0w20...20,000 oil change interval (when ecu says 5% remaining)

Daily Driver: 2015 Fusion Hyrbid...120,000 mi...Walmart 0w20...2 Year oil change interval (doesnt get as many miles and 1 year seems too often to me)

Summer car: 2005 BMW Z4...160,000 mi...think it had a blend of 10w40 Castrol or something and topped off/mixed with some 5w30 Supertech Synthetic...2 year oil change interval (hardly gets any miles nowadays)

Summer car: 2002 Jeep Wrangler...140,000 mi...Supertech 5w30...2 year oil change interval (hardly gets any miles nowadays)

Summer use: 2007 Bayliner 175 3.0 Mercruiser...Supertech 15W40 HD oil...2 year oil change interval

Spring- Fall use: Briggs lawnmower engine...Supertech 5w30 Synthetic...Yearly or twice yearly oil change interval

Was going to just switch everything to 0W20 because I figured modern oil is good and 0W20 would be okay...reading here it sounds like thicker is better besides fuel economy...now I'm thinking how about running everything on 5w30? Good compromise? Or maybe everything except the Fusion hybrids on 5w30? Should I bump the Hybrids up to 5w20 from 0w20?

I'm located in SW Michigan. Temp can get down to 0 degrees F in winter but the only cars we drive in winter are the Hybrids. Please help and give me a plan. Or maybe I should keep doing what I'm doing and buying four different oil viscosities?

I sure wouldn’t put 0W20 in the Briggs, the Jeep (4.0?), nor the boat. I don’t know enough about the BMW to make a judgement, maybe others will chime in? I’ve considered going the other way & changing everything I have to T5 10W30…

I sure wouldn’t put 0W20 in the Briggs, the Jeep (4.0?), nor the boat. I don’t know enough about the BMW to make a judgement, maybe others will chime in? I’ve considered going the other way & changing everything I have to T5 10W30…
4.0 in the Jeep

2.5 non turbo in the BMW, no track use or anything crazy - it's too old and too many miles for that

Ehhh, not quite.
Allow me to present a well-informed recommendation without delving into the extensive array of opinions, arguments, and inconsistencies. In a nutshell, the ideal choice for your vehicles is Mobil 1 FS 0W-40 API SP. This exceptional oil provides unmatched protection while remaining remarkably affordable. Moreover, you can easily find it on sale at major retailers such as Walmart and Amazon. However, I kindly advise you to ensure that the container clearly states API SP, as there may still be some lingering API SN variants in circulation. Rest assured, API SP represents the most advanced and superior formulation available.

In contrast, if you are inclined towards engaging in exhaustive research, experiencing sleepless nights, and investing valuable time...

Allow me to present a well-informed recommendation without delving into the extensive array of opinions, arguments, and inconsistencies. In a nutshell, the ideal choice for your vehicles is Mobil 1 FS 0W-40 API SP. This exceptional oil provides unmatched protection while remaining remarkably affordable. Moreover, you can easily find it on sale at major retailers such as Walmart and Amazon. However, I kindly advise you to ensure that the container clearly states API SP, as there may still be some lingering API SN variants in circulation. Rest assured, API SP represents the most advanced and superior formulation available.

In contrast, if you are inclined towards engaging in exhaustive research, experiencing sleepless nights, and investing valuable time...

What’s wrong with SN??? You might have been posting sarcastically, but the OP likely will not get that.

Check your BMW owners manual for the proper oil specs.

As for the rest, run the oil that is recommended. It’s not that hard.

There’s nothing wrong with wanting to consolidate. Trying to make one oil fit all needs isn’t the way.

OP, it sounds like you’re overthinking this.

I would be selling off the less used vehicles...
The BMW and Bayliner GO BY the owners manual. The Jeep and Briggs any xw-40. I use SuperTech semi syn 10w40 in all my outdoor power equipment. I would probably go with a Euro xw-40 in the Jeep. The Hybrid's would be getting 5w-30.
There is no "one size fits all" with the exception of Euro xw-40's.

Back